Thread: ASP Script for password protecting a directory.

Default ASP Script for password protecting a directory.

Any one have personal scripts or a personal script for passwording a directory on a website?

Could the code be posted please.

Default Re:ASP Script for password protecting a directory.

I kinna edited a borrowed script from the site below re: password protected web pages... maybe it will help.

Let me knwo if anything

http://www.js-x.com/asp/login.php3

hmm..you can't password protect a directory with ASP. Most likely you are talking about password protecting a file or a webapplication? Password protecting a directory would have to be done in the windows/IIS security settings or the (.htaccess file for apache)

[quote author=owen link=board=18;threadid=1130;start=0#msg12959 date=1059086202]
    hmm..you can't password protect a directory with ASP. Most likely you are talking about password protecting a file or a webapplication? Password protecting a directory would have to be done in the windows/IIS security settings or the (.htaccess file for apache)

[/quote]

OR, you could do a poor man's password protection.
    Take the URL from whichever system variable holds that value
    Parse it to separate the filename from the directory path and then take the right most directory (break it up using '/'s)
    Using some data value (database, flat file, hardcoded) compare the directory that you've separated with the value
    If there's a match then give an error message or prompt the user for login information.

With a little massaging the above method can be used to password protect a directory and it's all script level. I can easily picture how that could be implemented in PHP, I'm not totally up on my ASP syntax and as such am unable to give you the code.

Devnull.. Got thru???

Enjoyed your post.