Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BACK to DESKTOP

Default BACK to DESKTOP

Gentle Folks... You heard it right... my laptop will be going offline shortly... and will be available for sale... I will be moving back to an oldy but goody desktop.... nothing new and expensive... just a plane old dual opteron rig that I put together really cheap with a few bells and whistles...

TYAN S2932 - dual socket 1207 (yes old 1207 socket cant die) with 16 ram slots... 2 pci-e slots (the pci-e is not even x16 slots they run at x8)...

16GB ram until later this week I migrate to 24GB... when you reach my stage you dont care about speed of ram... jus the amount...

GeForce GT240 512MB GDDR5... I will try to get a matching one as the board is sliable (is that even a word)

2 x 250GB WD Blue (raid 0)

2 x 2TB Seagate Green (raid 1)

Folks I dont have a hard drive preference anymore... just buy a drive...

mmm yeah thats it... no fancy case either... its actually cream but I dont mind it at all.. has the black kingwin enclosure in it... so its cream with a bit of coffee...

oh dam the cpus...

TWO Opteron 2376HE.... they are low power shanghai quads... meaning Phenom II based... so each chip has 6MB cache... they run at 2.3GHz... so those 8 cores will be ok for now... I can migrate to HEXA cores but nah...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

like a boss .

wel u did the no desktop thing longer than i expected
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

In agreement with all but the Seagate. Also have no hdd preference but as long as I live hopefully I'll never buy another Seagate hdd (over 320GB.) I got burnt 3 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFactor1 View Post
    when you reach my stage you dont care about speed of ram... jus the amount...
    My sentiments exactly...or maybe I'm just greedy...
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

That machine sounds way above ordinary lol

Quote Originally Posted by d_genius View Post
    That machine sounds way above ordinary lol
    welcome to the world of Maxfactor1 ( him nuh ordinary either)
    Last edited by Bl@ze; Jan 9, 2012 at 07:45 AM.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

Quite a Heavy Duty build- what figures are we lookin at ere?
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Dats no ordinary desktop....lol
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

What stage are you talking about that requires 24GB of RAM?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFactor1 View Post
    Gentle Folks... You heard it right... my laptop will be going offline shortly... and will be available for sale... I will be moving back to an oldy but goody desktop.... nothing new and expensive... just a plane old dual opteron rig that I put together really cheap with a few bells and whistles...

TYAN S2932 - dual socket 1207 (yes old 1207 socket cant die) with 16 ram slots... 2 pci-e slots (the pci-e is not even x16 slots they run at x8)...

16GB ram until later this week I migrate to 24GB... when you reach my stage you dont care about speed of ram... jus the amount...

GeForce GT240 512MB GDDR5... I will try to get a matching one as the board is sliable (is that even a word)

2 x 250GB WD Blue (raid 0)

2 x 2TB Seagate Green (raid 1)

Folks I dont have a hard drive preference anymore... just buy a drive...

mmm yeah thats it... no fancy case either... its actually cream but I dont mind it at all.. has the black kingwin enclosure in it... so its cream with a bit of coffee...

oh dam the cpus...

TWO Opteron 2376HE.... they are low power shanghai quads... meaning Phenom II based... so each chip has 6MB cache... they run at 2.3GHz... so those 8 cores will be ok for now... I can migrate to HEXA cores but nah...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl@ze View Post
    like a boss .

wel u did the no desktop thing longer than i expected
    Gotta agree with you there Bl@ze he held out longer than i expected as well but as i told him then he would return to the right side. Welcome back bredda Max
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

And the King of Beasts has returned with a bang... my only question is....how much did that set u back?