Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: review of mr.job jamaica

post ur resume on the website, thats it
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

I did that, have received no contact.
    "And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

i dunno still, call them
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

yow i,ve been to that place how long now; and if its dem i waiting on i going die unemployed damnn, and di thing about it a pure young people working there. when i went there some just came out a high school, and i see dem giving people who come there to get a job the most attitude if a did fi dem alone mi phone nuh ring....
    Last edited by RUMI; Apr 13, 2005 at 10:57 PM.
    Device Cure 8900
    BlackBerry Pin:24b0345e
    BlackBerry Alliance Member

well i already see that they dont call back everyone, i know several people hwo they havent called back. i not sure about they're actually finding jobs
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

cho, mi give up dem a fraud!
    "And if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost." - Moroni 10:4

maybe they took a look at some the resume's and couldn't be bothered to run up them phone bill on some hopeless cases. or maybe they haven't got to the level of professionalism that would allow them to perform at the level we'ld expect.

Quote Originally Posted by megiddo
    mr. job does require though, that if they find a job for you, a half of your first week's pay plus 500(+gct) is due to them. and it is automatically deducted from your pay by your employer.
    sounds good enough to me,
    What about those who are paid fortnightly? I'm guess that they'll take a quarter of the pay instead. I personally would feel more comfortable if the fee would have to be paid out of my pocket upon getting the job rather than my pay. What's up with the 50% +500 +gct? Seems like the entire 50% + $500 + gct will be deducted from your pay. So you'll end up getting little or nothing for that pay period. I understand that they are running a business but it seems little a bit too much to me. If that's the case I'd rather search the old fashion way...
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

when i went for my interview...they SEEMED professional...but the lady that did the interview told me that they started not too long ago so not many of the companies would know about the place...also...when i asked her the possibility of me gettin a job...she said it's not guaranteed...what they do is send their test results and interview notes and other info to the jobs that you're interested in and its up to the companies themselves to say whether they want u or not. there was another thing about recruiting jobs...the lady told me that its not mrjobjamaica lookin a job for u....its actually tryin to place u in an available job that they know about...like if a company needs a space to be filled....they can call or contact mrjobjamaica and send their requirements and blah and then mrjobjamaica checks their database with the interviewed ppl and recommend them to the company

honestly speakin i think this is a sucky way of "finding" jobs for ppl. i thought they'd actually help u to find a job but apparently they are workin along with the other companies so wen the companies post an open position then mrjob can act...if no company need ppl then all of us who sent in resume and got interviewed are salted....

i only did this outta boredom...although i wouldnt mind if they do get a position for me but i not depending on them to.

as for the fee and deduction of your first paycheck...this is actually decent...cuz they are looking at long term permanent job positions....not ppl like me who only want summer jobs.... so it actually work out in the long run.... u still benefit... them jus need a likkle money to eat a one lunch everyday...so stop fighting them out on the likkle lunch money them a mek...