Thread: Salary Range for IT Security

Default Salary Range for IT Security

Hello i am presently doing my MSc in Information Security and was thinking about coming to Jamaica to work. I just would like to know the salary range for and IT Security Personnel.

Thank You

Several companies would require your service as a security consultant. However giving a figure would be difficult. I would say, also look at Trinidad and Barbados as possible options, since we formed the CSME....

Here in Jamaica, most businesses are not at the place where IT security is 100% business priority, they are getting there...

Coming here you can bring your experience and setup your own security firm..instead of getting a fulltime job with just one company.
    Be what's next!

I'd recommended working in the US first and get the experience there. It'll put you ahead of the game when you come back here.

that sounds like some wise advise zandex and i concur.
    Macbook Core Duo 1.83ghz
    OS X 10.4.10 - 1.25gb Ram

Default Salary Range for IT Security

Because i do not have any experience and i am coming straight out of university i was just wondering where to start. its not that easy to get work experience from organsation overseas as you have to contend with thousands of other graduates.

I will be looking into the posibbility of working in the CSME since it is the way Jamaica will be going.

Get the experience in a blue chip first.

That sounds like a good idea!