Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folder schortcut virus

Angry Folder schortcut virus

Does anyone know how to get rid of the virus that turns folders and text (.txt) files into shortcuts or .lnk files?

I have tried, Avast, Avira, Avg, Kaspersky, Nod32, Bit Defender, Malwarebytes and Stinger as well as their bootable recovery tools. So far, none can't even detect the presence of the virus. On one system the virus is pointing to yeigibx.exe and gehegx.exe on another. I suspect that these names are randomly generated because a search of Google turns up nothing.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

Did u do a search for the shortcut virus ?
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

The first result from the above post should have answered your ques, happened to a friend of mine. It worked like a charm.
    On that Pineapple Express to nowhere.

I had the virus but avast detected it. version6 .you could submit it to avast in a password protected rar file at virus@avast.com

Should have but it doesn't. That's the first thing I did after trying Avira and Avast, but none of the solutions provided worked.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

ok i have been pessed with that shortcut virus at my work place for about 4 months now i have it contained, they is two wys of remove it virus and restore ur folder or text file to normal. 1

1. right on the folder or text it turns as a shortcut then left click on properties, then delete the unknown text u see leavin the original name and the C,F:/ then clicking ok

2. Download this virus program from indonisia called SMADAV http://www.smadav.net/it scans, detect then restore all virus shortcut file to normal. So times it leaves the virus short files along with the fix normal one , all u ofto do is just delete the virus ones leaving the fixed normal ones.

THIS IS GUARANTEED TO SOLVE YOUR SHORTCUT VIRUS ISSUE LET ME KNOW IF U GUYS FIND A EASIER WAY

PM me if having trouble

@ Ace_nitros - Step 1 doesn't work, but #2 works like a charm. Thanks a mill.

+1

Yea man your welcome

Give thanks to those indonesia programmers who made the virus program. Its a pity the top dogg anvirus program couldnt do the job (AVG, Norton, avast etc)
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

been searching for something like this......that software worked on my work jump drive......trying it out on my external HDD now.....

+1

hmm wat a coincidence over the weekend i visited my mom's school n the PCs there were F#$^ed up with this same virus....funny thing is tho.....i ran msconfig n saw some in the startup ....disabled them leaving 1......installed bitdefender 2011 n plugged in a flash drive (just formatted on my laptop) so the virus would "activate" then bit just blocked that mofo....fixed prob solved.