Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clean up your social media permissions.

rhatid... about dozzen just get swipe...
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    Did sum cleaning up myself- its not good to disclose too much info- esp current location- just too much yo
    doesn't matter, they use geo-tagging, the ip you sign in with, not what you put in

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    You would be surprised how much information facebook is gathering from your actions.
    yes, all the groups & fan pages, all the likes, everything wrote in the bio, they in turn SELL this information to advertisers who purchase ad's, I think I spoke about this already

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    Eventually FB will start asking you for you phone number.
    they & google do this, google more so

sadly, we all fell in this huge data mining trap
    everything that you add, cannot be deleted, even if you close your account, the info is stored in their servers.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    For jomo fyi. You giving Facebook all your personal information including phone number is like you putting up banners all around the island like jlp and pnp with all your information on it.

Anyone outside your friendlist can access your info. With just a little effort
    Yeah, and so? I'm not a scam artist or a wanted criminal, so what if facebook has my number and dob and the colour of my eyes?

What's next? Well be afraid to put up a pic? With our hands? They'll scan our fingerprints? Lol

I just don't get what the paranoia is for

My number is there in case people need to contact me, also have fb chat on my bb that has full permissions, should I be worried too? Oh no the sky is falling, facebook is out to send me junk mail oh nooo

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    doesn't matter, they use geo-tagging, the ip you sign in with, not what you put in
    m speakin of current location - like updating your status with your current location sir- that way i can know exactly where you are