Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Comments on Samsung Galaxy Note

As the buyer of this device - I know a lot of people will say the screen is too big, too big to be a phone etc. They are right - for themselves, but Samsung made it for people who want it that size. It's like saying I like this Tundra pick up truck except the truck is too big - it is supposed to be big cause it was designed like that for people like us. We need and want it that big and we buy it cause it suits our needs. It was a gamble on Samsungs part and I hope it pays off for them. Screen size is slowly growing on phones - who knows is a bigger screen is next? This saves me money because now I crossed off a tablet off my shopping list. I gave the iphone 4 and 4s an honest attempt but that screen hurts my eyes (& the other drawbacks of ios). As for the stylus on the note, not sure if I will ever pull that thing out, I don't think I will personally need it. Might be nice to use once in a while, it looks like it does some really cool stuff, not just to type. I just wanted a big super HD amoled screen on an adroid which is why I passed on the dell streak and when I saw this it suited me perfectly. Look out for a review soon.
    Samsung Galaxy Note - Lime 3G/4G(?)
    Apple Iphone 4S Factory Unlocked - Lime 3G - SOLD - GOOD RIDDANCE
    Samsung Captivate - Lime 3G - Retired/FOR SALE
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Tmobile - Sold

Google wacom bambo.

The stylus + the Note does everything the bambo can do.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

jomo Guest

Hmm interesting, any comparisons with the screen sizes?

And with the galaxy note 2 come out soon?

I have been using a Dell Streak now for about 18 months and the size has never been an issue for me, i find the truck comparision above very apt, some ppl want a Hiace some want a Tundra...I guess i am a Tundra type, the Note is going to be my next device....

Quote Originally Posted by islandracer View Post
    As the buyer of this device - I know a lot of people will say the screen is too big, too big to be a phone etc. They are right - for themselves, but Samsung made it for people who want it that size. It's like saying I like this Tundra pick up truck except the truck is too big - it is supposed to be big cause it was designed like that for people like us. We need and want it that big and we buy it cause it suits our needs. It was a gamble on Samsungs part and I hope it pays off for them. Screen size is slowly growing on phones - who knows is a bigger screen is next? This saves me money because now I crossed off a tablet off my shopping list. I gave the iphone 4 and 4s an honest attempt but that screen hurts my eyes (& the other drawbacks of ios). As for the stylus on the note, not sure if I will ever pull that thing out, I don't think I will personally need it. Might be nice to use once in a while, it looks like it does some really cool stuff, not just to type. I just wanted a big super HD amoled screen on an adroid which is why I passed on the dell streak and when I saw this it suited me perfectly. Look out for a review soon.
    You have a GREAT device the most powerful phone in the island.

2500Mah battery mhadd

and the highest resolution on phones now, with 4000+ quadrant scores out the box before overclock.

congratz the siize is a plus just use head sets if you dont want to put it to your head.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

As a owner of a dell streak I don't mine the size i plan on getting this when it comes out on At&t.
    Remember to take a look at http://www.google.com/mapmaker

My question tho is this. Wouldn't it be pretty expensive to use the Galaxy Note in Jamaica? I notice that LIME and Digicel are offering the GS2, but will we get the best use of the phones from Digicel and LIME?

that's true, Digicel have mifi still and 4G for phones coming out soon still
    I have the highest underclock in tech Ja! 1440.0
    DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 "Digicel is the bossss!!!! "
    TECNOLOGY IS THE BOSS!!! I am the boss!! Memba u r as cool as ur tecnology!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adfel View Post
    My question tho is this. Wouldn't it be pretty expensive to use the Galaxy Note in Jamaica? I notice that LIME and Digicel are offering the GS2, but will we get the best use of the phones from Digicel and LIME?
    I am getting full use from my phone by using all the apps. I use Youtube, Skype, Tune in radio pro, Google Music, LogMeIn, Dropbox to name a few all on 3G....in fact this week I needed another running app and while I was running I was able to download and install an app called RunKeeper within 30 seconds...If that don't qualify as best use I don't know what else will.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

when I jog I listen to Google Music and strangely I can stream it from digi's edge, fb and twitter can be updated and on more than one occasion I have had to use logmein ignition to do things at home from on the road
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1