Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Guild Wars 2 FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    Are there any reason a pve'r like me to pre-order this game?
    Yes, the PVE content is epic.

in traditional MMO's (like WOW) the leveling process is just a uphill burden to grind through to get to Max level (end game) which at that time its another uphill task to farm regular dungeouns just so you have enough gear to farm heroic dungeons, just so you get enough gear to farm Looking for raid content, just so you get enough gear to farm regular raid just so you can farm enough gear to get to heroic raids just so you can then farm enough gear to hopefully kill the heroic last boss.

After which a new expansion is released and you get to do it all over again .

In GW2 they dont point you to endgame and say the fun starts then. you play in an endgame type vybe while leveling, so the leveling process is not a grind but its fun and your getting good experiences while going through.

FYI: If you LOVE LOVE the concept of 25 man/woman raids over vent thats offered in WOW. then GW2 is not for you...

take note.

League of legends has a 5v5
    wow dungeons (regular and heroic) 5players
    many other mmo's 5v5 pvp or 5 playe dungeons

so GW2 decided that for pve 5player dungeons is sufficient because they dont want you to have to look for 10 or 25 people before you can start kill.ng sh..t

I believe that WOW and all other mmo's that have copied wow has put in our brains that pve should only be about endgame raiding. those who are locked into that brainwashed norm will not like GW2

for me and luckily millions of others the change is welcomed.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

A change from teh button mashing grind-fest that has become the hallmark of other mmos is welcome but I hope they don't remove the need altogether.
    Sometimes I do enjoy just going into a grind-mode and start from hill-top till I reach the plains. That didn't make sense in SWTOR and I kinda missed that hence my boredom of it.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    Are there any reason a pve'r like me to pre-order this game?
    My PvE guild in WoW is ranked in the top 30 for 25 Dragon Soul in the world. Top 10 for the US. US #43 - Alone in the Darkness, US #90 - A Tribute to Insanity
    US #30 - H: The Lich King, US #27 - H: Halion, US #16 - H: Nefarion, US #10 - H: Sinestra, US #7 - H:Al'akir, US #12 - H:Ragnaros... suffice to say... I love PvE... Guild Wars 2 doesn't have instanced raids like WoW... but their 5 man instanced content called "Explorable Mode Dungeons" are apparently very very difficult and they were created specifically to fill the needs of hardcore raiders. As in... that is the only reason they put them in the game. For people who love difficult instanced content.

Farming these instances you will get special armour sets indicative of the particular instance. Upon achieving level 80, the gear you get experiences what is called a "power plateau"... In other words... when you hit level 80 it wont take long to achieve the most statistically powerful gear, regardless of your focus within the game. So the Armour Sets you get in Explorable Mode Dungeons aren't statistically better but the prestige is established through the uniqueness of the gear (the cool factor).

Due to the difficulty, less people will have access to this gear and because of the power plateau your gear will not become obsolete at the release of the next expansion.

So, if you loved the difficulty and complexity of hardmode raids in WoW then Explorable Mode dungeons are for you. If you loved the scale of huge boss fights with a lot of people, then dynamic event bosses are for you. They aren't as difficult since they are basically an outdoor boss and anyone can join in... but the boss scales in difficulty based on how many people are engaging him... and it can be scaled to over 100 people. So with 100 people, the boss gets 100 times harder.

Check this out... This is a level 58 Dynamic Event Boss (max level is 80 so they get harder)... Tequatl the Sunless is an undead dragon boss located in Sparkfly Fen. He is one of Zhaitan's lieutenants and champion (He is also one of the smaller Dragon bosses in the game).

During battle, Tequatl stomps the ground, dealing massive damage and causing fear to nearby players, as well as planting his boney fingers into the ground, spawning Tequatl's Fingers elsewhere, which can fling players closer to Tequatl, among other attacks. He can also cause large Bone Walls to surface from the watery depths, which block turret attacks until they are destroyed. He is fought among Orrian undead, and summons Bloated Creepers, giant undead monsters that will explode into a cloud of poison when near players.
    Last edited by WoWJamaica; Apr 17, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
    If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    We will see. I'm a gamer in the truest sense of the word. Every game I've played I've excelled at. And it's like this during every beta... people scramble to the forums and express in no uncertain terms how badly I'm going to die due to my mindset... yet I always prevail. We will see though. This is the build I plan on using if I roll a Ranger:

LINK
    I'm not saying you're going to die, I'm saying you're going to have to adapt to the way the game is played as opposed to playing it the same way you played WoW is all. You will have to look after your own survivability and I'm sure you will do it.
    "As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
    “Great ideas are often opposed by violent reactions of mediocre minds.” ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Lightning View Post
    I'm not saying you're going to die, I'm saying you're going to have to adapt to the way the game is played as opposed to playing it the same way you played WoW is all. You will have to look after your own survivability and I'm sure you will do it.
    Okay I get what you're saying now. But I mean that's a no brainer for any competent video game junkie. Just because I'm addicted to damage doesn't mean I'm expecting to go into the game tunnel visioning a "dps rotation" while watching big numbers pop up on the boss. I try to play intelligently and stay alive, but when it comes to having a propensity in gaming, I love putting the hurt on people. Whenever I hit them, I want them to feel it and have nightmares about it when they go to sleep at night.

And when I say I don't care about dying... what I mean is that in pvp matches, I don't mind being fragile and dying. If I had the option of killing 300 people in a battleground and dying 30 times or killing 50 people and never dying at all, while being a nice little buff bot and helping my friends... I would rather get those 300 head counts under my belt. Whenever I kill someone in the game it feels good. I don't feel so good when I heal a friend or give them a buff. When I kill someone in game, I can imagine them cursing under their breath about how overpowered my class is. It puts a smile on my face and makes my day.

Don't mistake this for thinking I just kill people without trying to accomplish the objective within the game. And yes I do help my team mates... but I don't want to play a support class that's focused on that.

Again, I prefer being more damage centric.
    Last edited by WoWJamaica; Apr 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

ArenaNet just announced Guild Wars 2‘s first beta weekend event! Between April 27 and 29 those people who dived onto the pre-purchase like ravenous lions on a gazelle will finally get the chance to play the most anticipated new MMO of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWJamaica View Post
    well...the death of the boss was not very gratifying lol. the fight was pretty sweet tho,
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

Gonna miss it nah get pay til next week, dunno if my purchase will be in time to qualify me for the beta weekend

2nd boss fight ive seen, think they should be harder imo i like bosses that rape ppl or come close to
    Last edited by samurailos; Apr 18, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos

27-29 I think I'll take those 3 days off.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Lol lucky you, if it was one time i would take all a sickleave
    LOS-iX--ASROCKZ77 PRO4+||INTEL i5 3570K||2x CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 8GIG DDR3 1600Mhz ||ATI RADEON HD 5770 1GB GDDR5||BL-LG 16X DVDRW||XTECH 600WATT PSU||Seagate 120GIG SSD||24" RCA LCD TV/MONITOR||Seagate 160GIG SATA||
    Life an Eternal Mask of Illussion---->IGN: Triple6/ Techlos