Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberrys - Why they are still cool

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamracer View Post
    Unuh start sound like d honda,toyota,nissan man dem

b series dis, 4ag dat, sr dis

sh%t all bolis down to personal preference

to each his own
    then why they have such a problem with those who choose to use a blackberry?

blackberry in the new honda?

miss my type R still, loved the hate, lol

The problem is blackberry people are uninformed, or they behave that way. And when we are seen with the Androids or iPhones we are questioned about how we can use touch screen an phone easy to mash an no buttons and STUPID REASONS to say they why they stick with Blackberry.
    Blackberry people are blinded, that is why I feel the need to show up BBs for all its deficiencies. Just can't stand the idiotic comments about newer & better technology.
    Android>iPhone>>>>>>.....>>>>>>BlackBerry

One simple question, which is the better phone. Put personal preference aside, put needs and wants aside. Let just stick to raw hardware and software and be objective. Which is better the latest and greatest Android or the latest and greatest blackberry?
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

The thread title alone is reason for flaming. Anyways.

A phone is a phone is a phone.

What you use your phone for other than making calls is your own business.

I have a BB - not because I purchased it but because my office assigned one to me. My PC is where it's at. I had a JasJar prior. And nothing to me like my Samsung with "Forgotten Warrior" on it.

If I want a phone with features then any Andriod phone will do for me - an S2 would be excellent. Gorilla Glass alone is a selling point.

If a want a phone to keep in touch with people for a cheap price then a BB will do. Though services are available to allow cross-platform messaging the fact is that BBM keeps people in touch.

My wife put in a good point - the hate of the BB is almost like people envy those who have it

What's the price for unlimited service with another phone? Digi charges (I think the highest rate) JMD$1600 per month for unlimited service - net and BBM. Easy to stay in touch.

If I were to buy a phone for myself it would probably be a 9700 - I got one for my wife and I like it (upgraded from her 9000). I also purchased IM+ which makes it easy to connect to everything.

So really, what do you want to do on your phone? Make calls? Stay in touch? Play Angry Birds?

And don't talk about dialing in pockets or touch screen. Maybe back in the day touch screens were unreliable and dropping your expensive phone was cause to buy a new one. I think the S2 works even if it falls from 4ft high. If you drop your phone intentionally from higher than that then you don't deserve to have it.

If your phone dialing in your pocket just lock the darned keypad. And I don't know how you going unlock your touchscreen (Android or iPhone) by accident in your pocket. That would take some serious skill.

Snake is still the best game on a phone. Jewel Quest on the Samsung is nice also.

The BB battery life (on older models) suck. The BB startup time (on every model) sucks. Nothing beats a cheap phone in that department. Pop in battery, startup animation, make calls.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    The problem is blackberry people are uninformed, or they behave that way. And when we are seen with the Androids or iPhones we are questioned about how we can use touch screen an phone easy to mash an no buttons and STUPID REASONS to say they why they stick with Blackberry.
    Blackberry people are blinded, that is why I feel the need to show up BBs for all its deficiencies. Just can't stand the idiotic comments about newer & better technology.

wait who says that? surely not us, and surely not the article, unu juss a troll now

That looks like a general statement sir. How can people be so blinded it turns them into biased sheeple?
    Maybe BBs will get better but for now they're being used as mops by the rest of the tech janitors.
    People don't seem to realize you can use an android phone, an iphone out of box just to make calls and send messages and it's just as easy to use as a BB.
    They start talking about the phones too complex because you have to be "rooting and seeding" and "jailbreaking and prisonbreaking" to use it properly. (and these are actual comments by users in this very thread)
    To those statements I leave you with a
    Last edited by ShadowWolfe Hellscream; Dec 29, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

jomo Guest

dont even bother talk bout all the bugs with android phones, unu try unu best fi hide them but we see it, we see plenty people try them and come back an seh dem cheap an gi trouble, an wha dem come back to, the PING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    dont even bother talk bout all the bugs with android phones, unu try unu best fi hide them but we see it, we see plenty people try them and come back an seh dem cheap an gi trouble, an wha dem come back to, the PING!!!
    looool....jomo ya the best comic relief pon da forum ya...i sweearrr
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

'chacun a son gout"
    people will have their differences and phones will too. because people choose one over the other doesnt speak to them being misinformed or not informed, it simply means they made a choice. android for some and iphone for some and windows for some and bb for some and for others just a regular mobile. truth be told for all the adults here oonuh all argue like a bunch a sissies just for what?

the android peeps and the iphone peeps and the bb peeps all wanna say they have the best when really it doesnt matter if u have the best as long as u have what u need or chose. if u find something to do what u want more effective and u like the device then fine but oonuh stop *****ing bout whats better cause whats better for one might not be for another. all the phones are good and the makers do implement what they have for specific reasons. i have used all the different platform and like them all as well as i have certain dislikes too.

enjoy whatever device u have and thats that. too much time wasted with no difference made. make a difference and a good one too.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

There is no need for flaming here. I wrote the article and I outlined my points clearly (with a few spelling errors, lol). People can argue that BBs are awful phones and that X phone can do the same thing out of the box. At the end of the day the phones are different, they are not just different flavours of icecream or different processors speeds or RAM, you can't just put every feature into a big touch screen and expect people to like it.