Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackberrys - Why they are still cool

Default Blackberrys - Why they are still cool

I have been seeing allot of BB hate recently. Some people will have you think that blackberries are going the way of the dinosaurs but I am here to tell you the reason's why BB's are still rocking it high in Jamaica and parts of the Caribbean.

full article; http://owensoft.net/v4/item/1600/

jomo Guest

you said it best SIR when you said the blackberry haters are really just android/iphone punks looking company

that is all really, we still holding strong

Nice write up dude. Not gonna comment on the whole article but:

Both my BB's battery life was a joke. Maybe I'm the only one that had such problems.
    I don't want a phone that takes 5 mins to restart. Perhaps this also an isolated case.
    The fact that I can play games, play music, watch videos and take pictures on low battery but yet can't even make a phone call or send a text is rubbish.

Touch screens are annoying
    No more than the constant pocket dialing I subjected myself to.
    I even pocket dialed the police one day and a detective left me an understanding but stern voice-mail.
    (He figured out it was probably pocket dialing that caused it.)
    Or someting small got between the buttons and a button either didn't work, or worked too well and all the time.

The Blackberry is what it is because it has a dependable, boring and simple.
    I guess to each his own. I want a dependable phone but not a boring one.
    After work and at the end of the day, the only thing I used my BB for was as an alarm clock replacement
    My Nokia 1100 was dependable, boring and simple too, but give me that phone today and all you'd get from me is a dirty look.

Most people I see saying that bb is dead are people using androids and want more locals to join their party - its not going to happen - people want buttons.
    I don't say BB is dead, but they sure aren't competing with anybody anymore and if you aren't competing you may as well be dead.
    I don't try and convert anybody either. The most I can do is show you the points and leave you to make your own decision. You're the one who's gonna be using the phone not me.
    If my mom, not really one of the most tech receptive people can toss away the BB I gave her for an all touchscreen phone and still working hard in corporate Ja, anybody can use a button-less phone.
    It's not rocket science.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Nice write up dude. Not gonna comment on the whole article but:

Both my BB's battery life was a joke. Maybe I'm the only one that had such problems.
    I don't want a phone that takes 5 mins to restart. Perhaps this also an isolated case.
    The fact that I can play games, play music, watch videos and take pictures on low battery but yet can't even make a phone call or send a text is rubbish.
    maybe you are, maybe your bb was clogged up, my bold would reboot in 30 secs or less, and battery life on bb is second to none thay are in constant use

bold 2 has some of the best battery life ive seen better than a nokia flashlight phone

didnt read any more of the ish you wrote, lol

I didnt look at ur article- wil chck sum othr time(m at work) - but just a daily browse in the classifieds wil give u a lil idea just how much BBs are in circulation/demand
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    I didnt look at ur article- wil chck sum othr time(m at work) - but just a daily browse in the classifieds wil give u a lil idea just how much BBs are in circulation/demand
    now THIS is the truth, and cant be denied, and the used berries are being sold to GUESS WHAT? upgrade to newer berries

Since everyone else is afraid to say it I will. The concept of BB's still being cool is Rubbish.

If you spend more than $10,000 on a non 4g device, that has less than a 4 inch screen that can't do skype video chat That don't have a 8mp camera is as some would say crazy. But if crazy is cool I guess I'm Not.

Thank goodness for personal opinions and that's just mine.

Well I have a friend that says floppy disks are tha bomb I bet he has a bb.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

I challenge any BB Owner to a showdown. Your pimped out BlackBerry vs my Samsung Galaxy S2. We can have a panel of smartphone users with varying needs and wants. Then have them throw out a challenge. Can your phone do that? Can I do this on your phone? Then we will see which smartphone is lacking. We can even have predefined needs and wants. The phone that fails to deliver will of course have the smartphone title removed from it. I challenge any BlackBerry User. Anytime, Anywhere! BlackBerries are rubbish, then and now. I hope 2012 will see a proper innovative evolution for the BlackBerry. In a world of 3G and 4G and not even a front camera to do Skype no Sah. That's an epic failure.

my opinion
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

BBs are still as cool as to wear cut-off foot jeans and clarks
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    I challenge any BB Owner to a showdown. Your pimped out BlackBerry vs my Samsung Galaxy S2. We can have a panel of smartphone users with varying needs and wants. Then have them throw out a challenge. Can your phone do that? Can I do this on your phone? Then we will see which smartphone is lacking. We can even have predefined needs and wants. The phone that fails to deliver will of course have the smartphone title removed from it. I challenge any BlackBerry User. Anytime, Anywhere! BlackBerries are rubbish, then and now. I hope 2012 will see a proper innovative evolution for the BlackBerry. In a world of 3G and 4G and not even a front camera to do Skype no Sah. That's an epic failure.

my opinion
    Big man ting cultus you are unfair, its like you are putting Barcelona vs Jamaica under 17. No unfair war.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site