Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KitKat on Every Android Phone ??

Default KitKat on Every Android Phone ??

So I'm hearing That KitKat will install on any Android phone ??? Can this really be ??
    Cause I have about 6 Older Gingerbread & Honeycomb Android Phones sitting around that I'd want to Update and sell lol

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/31/5...erating-system
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

You might need to rule out a few of those if they don't meet the minimum hardware requirements.
    My phone doesn't even have the 512MB required.

Me Gusta
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

So I'm hearing That KitKat will install on any Android phone ??? Can this really be ??
    They are making this new OS run lighter (less ram & CPU intensive) so that it can be installed on older devices.
    this will single move will extend the life of devices reducing the senseless waste of useable tech devices.

Sadly the opposite of the above: Planned obsolescence: is a hallmark sales strategy of App|e.

If this is true then I would say it's about time.

Only think I hope is that it doesn't have an ugly interface and lack features, etc.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by presto View Post
    They are making this new OS run lighter (less ram & CPU intensive) so that it can be installed on older devices.
    this will single move will extend the life of devices reducing the senseless waste of useable tech devices.

Sadly the opposite of the above: Planned obsolescence: is a hallmark sales strategy of App|e.
    There are persons on techja who switched from the overpriced Galaxy S4 to the super overpriced Note 3 and will buy the mega overpriced galaxy s5 in February next year, how Ironic that google is making KITKAT OS lighter and require less power but manufactureres and making devices more powerful.

there will always be a % of Humans who want the newest and dont care about reasoning or if their choice makes sense or not. (So manufactureres will always push more power and focus on marketing because there are always people willing to spend whatever new devices comes with KITKAT because its new)
    But dont hate those persons, if I had Bill Gates money the fact is I cant bring so much money to the grave with me so I would buy the latest and greatest of everything with KITKAT OS from new phones to Tablets simply because I would have the money.

So there are Jamaicans with over $100,000,000jm who live in red hills kingston who for them having so much money means spending 150,000 on a note 3 at the samsung store is like buying a patty.

The point being made by some people in the forums is to focus on the fact that KIT KAT is so light and efficient which means why buy the S5 or the Nexus 5 when one could update their current device which should run the OS just as well.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

will never happen... not for every compatiability phone. eg htc and At&t like getting in to bed and screwing over customers.
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

I agree Bl@ze. While Google is making a noble gesture in making the hardware requirements lower, at the end of the day it still is unforeseeable why the carriers would play ball...
    The only way this is advantageous is for those who will be willing to get to work at unlocking, rooting and flashing the required items themselves... (which is a select few).
    Mobile Device: Google/Lg Nexus 4
    Desktop: MSI 785GT E63 Motherboard/AMD Phenom II 555 X2 (Unlocked to B55 X4) AM3 CPU Cooled by COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus/EVGA NVIDIA GTX260(dead after 4 years of ardent service. R.I.P./2 x 2Gb OCZ 800MHZ DDR2 Ram/Corsair TX750 PSU/NZXT Tempest Case

No root will be required. cariers will push out KitKat. So sooner or later checking for a software update will reveal 4.4

Hopefully it won't look like what I'm seeing in this review from Marques, because my Android have similar features to some of those so called updates already and google now is like a replica of Blink feed to me (or is it the other way around... meh). Hopefully HTC modifies it so it keeps most of senses features cause I didn't buy a pretty phone to run an ugly looking OS lol:

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow