View Poll Results: What's the best ROM for SGS GT-I9000?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ultimate v8.2 ROM

0 0%
  • MIUI - build 112090

0 0%
  • CyanogenMod7.0 - stable

0 0%
  • Stock Gingerbread 2.3.6

1 100.00%

Thread: Q-- What's the best ROM for SGS GT-I9000?

Question Q-- What's the best ROM for SGS GT-I9000?

Am looking for a stable ROM with a nice UI with overglow, transparent notification bar, theme support (flash-able or otherwise), RAM management script, low battery consumption and extended power menu support.

I'm looking at Ultimate ROM based on stock ROM, MIUI ROM- I don't like the iPhone style UI but it's ok I guess, CyanogenMod 7- but I heard it's not as stable as they say it is or maybe Stocked Gingerbread ROM....
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

Got your upgrade eh? Cool. You can try what I did: Go to the SGS dev forum on XDA, order threads by most replys and try the top couple after doing a little reading on them. BTW, why do you only have 6GB internal? Mine has 16GB...
    Rooted OnePlus 2 64GB Ed, Android 5.1.1 OxygenOS ; on teifin' AT&T's network; Rooted ASUS Transformer TF101 w/ dock, Android 5.1 KatKiss; Laptop: ASUS X550C, 2.0GHzx2, 8GB, 512GB SSD, Kubuntu 15.10;
    Facebook page: Skeleville Technology Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Skele Drew View Post
    Got your upgrade eh? Cool. You can try what I did: Go to the SGS dev forum on XDA, order threads by most replys and try the top couple after doing a little reading on them. BTW, why do you only have 6GB internal? Mine has 16GB...
    And so I did Bro. ...... I used the ROM list thread though, cause I am leaning more towards the CM7 based ROMs. I am leaning away from the stock ROM look but I want stability and features because I got the UI on the wraps with CM7....... I guess that's the spec of my SGS Variant. Wish I knew how to upgrade the internal SD but am pretty cool with it thus far. Thats ample enough storage for my needs backed by the 16GB external I got in it......

I met in some trouble trying to install ROMs...... I was getting a E:/ error during verification of the .zip package on a stock kernel using cwm so I flashed a custom kernel which has cwm with Odin, then use the kernel's cwm to flash on CM7...... I got a system loop (the Android OS itself was restarting like every 15secs) so I flashed the Rom again to get rid of the 1st custom kernel and override with the CM7 custom kernel caz I realized that was what was causing the problem after noticing that even after removing the battery and powering on, there was a bootloop and CWM tried to flash something.
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem