Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Claro sale is complete!!!! Omg

Quote Originally Posted by 876 View Post
    guys am still having a headache. What will become of my claro free nights,free calls,double days!!!!!!

Ill have to go back to my "old cell"

Why didnt digicel sell lime the assets or something. This is crazy. Did our government really allow this to happen. Look at how they blocked it in usa with Att and tmobile!!
    Remember it was a mutual agreement between Claro and Digicel. Its obvious Claro didnt see the value in the Jamaican market so they sold. If not then they would have probably scaled down to next to nothing anyway. No need to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by xdigicelfan View Post
    you dont have a clue
    Seriously dude? Like really? Here's a challenge for your sLIME suck-up then. Drive to Bog Walk (St. Catherine) and find signal. Drive to Content (St. James) and find signal. Drive to Treasure Beach (St. Elizabeth) and find signal. I don't even need to mention about the whole communities that were mentioned previously, but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by marlonxp View Post
    Portland/negril ect one of the few areas that lime has DEAD spot, and no im not speaking of a 1mile area im speaking of entire communities.
    As I said - I'm no fanboy or suck-up to any telecom provider (mobile that is) and ALL OF THEM have issues in various places. The fact is - fact - Digicel don't drop calls while driving as frequently as sLIME. Digicel have issues with making calls when switching from one cell tower to another, but usually once connected it don't drop in the abundance that sLIME does.

My keeping a sLIME is strictly because they are cheaper for the FF/CUG. And I dislike Digi for being like sLIME in that they know they have a good service and wont drop the rates. sLIME I can't endorse because of how they milked the country, but maybe you're too young to remember or know how they always did things only after competition.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_coolie1 View Post
    Remember it was a mutual agreement between Claro and Digicel. Its obvious Claro didnt see the value in the Jamaican market so they sold. If not then they would have probably scaled down to next to nothing anyway. No need to cry.
    The only crying is that now with the monopoly thing going on between the two of them now we going suffer more. sLIME FF is 400 per person for unlimited and now them have new "faves" with 600 for 5 person per month. Digi is still 900 per person last I checked. I hope that Digi will keep Claro as a daughter company and develop on that technology and put in more towers. Claro would get business from me if they had signal where my father lives - only Digi picks up there decent - sLIME requires going on the roof or outside the house, and Claro requires prayer.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

omg my claro and digicel stop picking up signal in my bedroom. What is happening, alot of call failed messages connection error omg. Am so frustrated. I tried using the gimme 5 promo and every 7 minutes my international call gets disconnected omg.

Well I've notice that the 3G signal on my bold2 drops to EDGE a whole lot over the past couple days, this is in HWT & Portmore areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital D View Post
    Well I've notice that the 3G signal on my bold2 drops to EDGE a whole lot over the past couple days, this is in HWT & Portmore areas.
    And the sale is now complete, "Welcome to the biggest worst network"
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Claro's edge has been real slow since lately and its the dominican gateway(wich is slow)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Claro would get business from me if they had signal where my father lives - only Digi picks up there decent - sLIME requires going on the roof or outside the house, and Claro requires prayer.
    Jah know

waiting to c what happens to the rates on "claro" now.....if digi start to charge outrageous fees im off to lime......
    hp touchsmart 610 1030f

I'm screwed...I'm on contract for the next two years....then again, they can't legally charge me more for the minutes. Sux
    PIN: 22552e31 GEMINI
    Once powered by Claro
    Now powered by LIME

Over the past weeks Claros network has been acting weird. A lot of dropped calls, slow EDGE, no service in areas where service used to be high. Whats happening?