Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "USB device has stopped working" error message constantly pops up

Same thing that I didn't want to do is what was done. *sigh* Anyways. Were I being rude or cocky I'd have said something like "you don't know what you're talking about" or such. All I'm saying is - don't be hard and fast to a scenario because it's what you've seen. You were right in the recommendations given, but had you been wrong there needed to be alternatives listed. Sorry for seeming that way - guess I need to review how I answer people next time. And I not flaunting my age, experience, school or work. Just trying to help everyone like I always do.

Waiting to hear how things going AA.

@ nev - This be JA. Better to get the warranty replacement in this case or buy a new one if it was a build. Hate when you have something and then the cost to send it back overseas is more than to bring in a new one. In the recommending one brand - I get your drift there (for compatibility) but you know that is mostly low-end things you going find out here. Asrock boards. Entry level KVR. The places selling good stuff probably want the soul of your first-born.........

Heh - if she things I'm harsh then she lucky she didn't post something foolish to tick off people like all PEZZ.
    Last edited by khat17; Nov 30, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Wow! Wonky card reader eh? Haven't come across any. Get an external one.

I wonder if it being a 64bit OS has anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 30, 2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    "To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so."
    Alcatel One Touch PIXI 3 (4.5)
    LG Fortune 2

hmmm why is it that tech people here in JA always tend to quarrel and argue over simple things lol, i could have sworn that this card reader issue was already fixed.
    MY OWN HOUSE, CAR AND BUSINESS, LOVELY WIFE AND KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by mega man View Post
    hmmm why is it that tech people here in JA always tend to quarrel and argue over simple things lol, i could have sworn that this card reader issue was already fixed.
    You mean, tech ppl don't quarrel over simple things anywhere else in the world? Wow. What unique set of people we are.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

"It's a capacitor"
    "No, it's a Zener Diode"

I had this argument with a friend once about a component on a HDD PCB when we were trying to get it repaired.

In any case - it's not an argument, it's a bit if misunderstanding. I tried to be wide-scope with the problem determination and she went straight to what she believed to be the problem. She was right too. Just a little confused as to why she took it as an attack against her.

Anyways - AA not fixing the problem yet - him silently going pass one of him wings over the machine and fix it
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Update: got the new card reader under warranty installed and it is working fine. Thanks to everyone for the help and pointing me in the right direction to fixing this. Appreciate it.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Anytime dude. Props to Samarcia for pointing it out first.