Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

Satanforce signing in. I like neural networks, alternative processor design (think clockless processors) and kernel development. Hope to enjoy my time here.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! why a name like that..............
    Dip,Bsc,CCNA,CCSP,MCP.. Up next MCSA WINDOWS 8, CCNA SECURITY,CCNP SWITCH,
    CCNA SEEKING AN OPPORTUNITY
    Theres no Friend Like Google..........

Quote Originally Posted by crazeeplayer View Post
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!! why a name like that..............
    u zeet bossy....im sure he could find sumn else anyways...welcome "Satanforce" hope u use those forces for 'Good' n not Evil....lol

lol I actually like the name and it look like him have some skill too.

Welcome to TechJamaica Mr. Satanforce I hope you enjoy your time here as well. Remember to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and I look forward to seeing some great contributions from you.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexx17 View Post
    u zeet bossy....im sure he could find sumn else anyways...welcome "Satanforce" hope u use those forces for 'Good' n not Evil....lol
    Just like I could've found some other avatar and username lol
    Welcome to TJ Mr. Satan, just beware of the Angel that roams these forums and your stay here should be somewhat "heavenly."
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Welcome to TechJamaica Mr. Satanforce I hope you enjoy your time here as well. Remember to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and I look forward to seeing some great contributions from you.
    Of Course. I appreciate it.

Think the Book of Job, not Book of Revelation.

And Thanks to everyone else. I hope to start UTech next year, so I may actually see some of you IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanforce View Post
    (think clockless processors)
    How can that exist in real life? How would you be able to maintain a counter or keep running threads synchronized?
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

How can that exist in real life? How would you be able to maintain a counter or keep running threads synchronized?
    First in, First out. Rather than use a central clock to synchronize instructions, several logic units called pipeline controllers execute the next stage of instructions, usually when the first is completed. The pipeline controllers use handshake protocols similar to that in TCP/IP to determine which instruction should be processed.

Imagine if the chip designer is the DJ of a sound system and the instructions are his patrons. The DJ only plays one song at a time, and hopes that everyone dances at the same rhythm - kinda like a synchronous circuit. This is relatively easy if the crowd is small (small number of instructions). Of course this makes the job easier for the DJ, as he is in control, he plays what he pleases. But when there are many patrons, with different tastes, rhythms and skill levels, he cannot even play to entertain the best dancers, he has to make sure that the worst dancers are able to keep up, slowing down the pace of the entire session.

Enter clockless processors (asynchronous circuits). The designer no longer has to assume the worst case scenario, he just sends you to another floor, like in Quad.

The main advantage is less power draw, as you have no central clock, which parts ot the processor dont use power when not in use. The main disadvantage (to me) is that this design is best for serial designs and not massively parallel ones (though I have seen one with 144 cores)

DNA processors, on the other hand........

lol that bad so true welcome mr satanforce.
    This Year Mi Want Fi Rich Yeah Mi Want Fi Meck Some Money Tired A The Heartache Tired A The Worries