Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: C&W ADSL Woes!

Default Re: C&W ADSL Woes!

MAKES SENSE NASTRO....I hope its as simple as that too........

Service moves faster than dial-up but not as fast as before.......I get from 160-210 on my 256.......

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

LOL...i guess their marketing department is working overtime on keeping them looking spotless.

But like I said, back in the day, It was well known knowledge that they were over-subscribe . With the introduction of the 64kbps package, the flood of customers caught them off guard and their infrastructure wasn't ready for it. And being the stand up comapny that they are, they didn't refuse one penny from the customers, they just kept packing them in. And this is now the result...bandwidth for around a couple hundred customers, is now being split between 3 times that amount. All good and well for the 64kbps ppl, but for those who wanted and are currently paying for more...we get the shaft .

Their caching servers are probably working overtime just to make the system move halfway decent, but that still not good enough. Someone made reference to VSAT vs. ADSL connections and let me make a point, the main difference is latency, not bandwidth. Latency, that thing that makes their page pop up a little bit faster that the other guys. I can live with it, but what I can't live with is watching my downloads drop fron a throughput of 50+ something all the way to the low 15+ or sub 10 ; or to watch as a simple text page takes minutes to load or I have to refresh it 2-3 times, as for popular sites like techjamaica.com...forget it...might as well wish myself to the playboy mansion cause it aint never gonna happen .

Alas, I digress

Regards

i think adsl owners should really be compensated ! even if is a 1 month free service haha sweeeet
    I havn't broken any terms of agreement right ?

Where you live???
    Could it be your area?
    I get blank periods...or have only had it about 3 times in the past weak but when it is up...it works ok to me.....just the usual traffic but my downloads are still 24+

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

I doubt is the area you located at. It has been generally slow over the past month. GPRS also...

Ma colleagues live off washington blvd and him getting some crappy 10kbps or less. I keep calling the people on his behalf and them always telling me i must reset the modem. Ahhhhh Hellooooooooo i have been doing this everytime you said it and it didn't fix the problem. Hmm trying to pull a fast ehhhh. You meesing with the wrong black man see.

Quote Originally Posted by little warchief
    i think adsl owners should really be compensated ! even if is a 1 month free service haha sweeeet
    I'd second that but that just not gonna happen

well me nuh expect better from GPRS virus but otherwise with adsl....FOULRY base off of what i experience
    Last edited by little warchief; Apr 7, 2005 at 02:27 PM.

OK....I live in the Boulevard area....and my problems are as severe as yours.......guess I should be thanking my lucky stars..........

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    Where you live???
    Could it be your area?
    I get blank periods...or have only had it about 3 times in the past weak but when it is up...it works ok to me.....just the usual traffic but my downloads are still 24+
    I live of Molyes Road, just a stones throw from the Earth Station on chalmers avenue. And trust me, it's not the area...put it this way, I've pretty much been told that over-subscription is the reason...but not what they plan to do about it.

I'm not anti C&W, I'm just anti bull****, which is currently what they selling, and to think every day they have someone call someone and try to sell a service which they cant provide . My money don't come from trees, I have to work long hours, so they can atleast try to give me some value for it. I bet if I had called them with a cellular complaint the problem would have been fixed that minute, competition is really a ***** .

Regards