Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 118 of 118

Thread: WheelsJamaica Down

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    3,095
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The whole structure of the forum would have to be simplified to appeal to the nature of the current internet crowd. But even that requires dedicated effort.

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    They should put it on the auction block.
    I disagree. I believe it should be given away freely to the first person with a genuine plan to get it back to its glory days.

    This is the reason I had an issue with the comment "GPRS Internet" made about the owner "moving on to different things". This, in my opinion, means the site has no worth to the owner and as such there would be no need for a financial "sale" other than the (electronic) transfer of ownership to the next interested individual.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,055
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I disagree. I believe it should be given away freely to the first person with a genuine plan to get it back to its glory days.

    This is the reason I had an issue with the comment "GPRS Internet" made about the owner "moving on to different things". This, in my opinion, means the site has no worth to the owner and as such there would be no need for a financial "sale" other than the (electronic) transfer of ownership to the next interested individual.
    The site maybe of no value to him.. but the name/brand 'WheelsJamaica' would be something he would be always open to selling..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

    FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,891
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    The site maybe of no value to him.. but the name/brand 'WheelsJamaica' would be something he would be always open to selling..
    So we wait until it's expired and try to revive it. Will see.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    So we wait until it's expired
    Based on what GPRS Internet said, it could be inferred that the name / brand could still have value to the owner.
    Legally, you could register the domain at that time. However, the owner could take some sort of legal action against you, claiming an infringement of some sort.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,891
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Based on what GPRS Internet said, it could be inferred that the name / brand could still have value to the owner.
    Legally, you could register the domain at that time. However, the owner could take some sort of legal action against you, claiming an infringement of some sort.
    I'll put the information on the page - that the original owner can get in touch and we hash it out, but I'd be bringing it back because the site had good value IMO.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    At one time, they were the only known auto classified but they kept it under lock & key. Only members could see it, even after all the other copycat classified starting to springing up they still kept it under lock & key, in fact I am willing to bet the only reason most people joined was to see that section but they did a mighty screw up of not promoting & monetizing it.

    Depending on the registrar you have 40 or more days grace period before it's fully released so it's not like you can swoop in 24 hrs after it expires. Some registars will even try to auction it.

    If I had money I would offer US$12,000 for domain, IP & database. If successful, I would transfer ownership to "Wheelsjamaica LLC", trademark the logo, redirect it to wheels.com.jm, throw out Vbulletin, use xenforo and promote it via fb, ig & twitter ads. Tshirt/merchandising, car show sponsorships, hire some hot models, bikini car wash

    make it an online hang out spot

    feel free to borrow my idea, just gimmie mod status when it's up
    Last edited by techmenace; Dec 10, 2019 at 11:42 AM.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    11,055
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    If I had money I would offer US$12,000 for domain, IP & database.
    I'm thinking Wheels would be worth maybe about $3-5Mil JMD....

    876Streets is making moves I was thinking they could buy out wheels and combine...
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

    FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •