Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: WheelsJamaica Down

Thanks for the clarification. I believe there should have been some sort of disclaimer posted before the site was taken down or was made unavailable.

I say this because I've spent hours making valid posts, and uploading useful content, that I haven't posted anywhere else. Now it is as though I have nothing to show for all that time spent online. I have that odd feeling as though someone took my intellectual property rights away from me. Imagine your cloud e-mail hosting provider closing shop overnight will all your years of legal communication.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I'd like to start a similar site, but I don't have the time to moderate or maintain it.
    I know the feeling very well ...
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I hope you aren't planning on pulling the plug on TechJamaica without warning
    This site does provide a "public service" for being able to permit us to exchange useful technical knowledge and experiences.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

well techja i hope we can keep for much longer

social media chats don't hold up well as forums
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

I have no plans to shutdown TechJa. If Google or Microsoft would like to make a buy offer then that’s another story Seriously though, there are no plans at this time. My comment was in the context of my inability to spend the time that is required to keep it fresh and up-to-speed with social media trends. The traffic has obviously dwindled since it’s hey day over 12 years ago and I feel responsible for that to the point of feeling like I’ve let you guys down. Keeping the site running is a net negative cash flow for me as the hosting fees aren’t covered by any revenue but it’s a cost that I’ve committed to bear to keep it running.

I am open to your feedback and suggestions.

Thanks.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

My comment was in the context of my inability to spend the time that is required to keep it fresh and up-to-speed with social media trends..
    I understood this much. My issue was with what "GPRS Internet" said about the owner being "focused on other things now". If the owner isn't interested, one can simply hand over the login credentials for the subscription so that it can become "somebody else's problem". At least the site would still functional (once the hosting subscription is renewed and associated with a valid mailbox). I'd have probably liked to have bought the rights to that site (if financially feasible). There is revenue from sponsorship from groups like Skunk Nation, and the other car groups that could even possibly cover the annual costs.

The traffic has obviously dwindled since itÂ’s hey day over 12 years ago
    I think this perception stemmed from the restrictions being placed on the Classifieds section (to curb the scamming sales that took place back then and the arguing about the items that were priced). This may have been about the time that ShopinJa became popular.
    HTML Code:

As mentioned, Wheels Owner has moved onto different things ... so Wheels fell to the way side..
    If you have a serious offer for it I can pass it onto the owner...

I myself would buy it but not now... I would buy TechJamaica also..
    Last edited by GPRS Internet; Nov 22, 2019 at 01:26 PM.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    As mention, Wheels Owner has move onto different things ... so wheels feel tot he way side..
    If you have a serious offer for it I can pass it onto the owner...

I myself would buy it but not now... I would buy TechJamaica also..
    Interestingly I would consider a WheelsJamaica-type site but I'd have plans for it that would take it into an extended direction. Not sure how receptive the community would be for the new direction and having a site similar to WheelsJa.

Regarding TechJa ... my ears are always open ...
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

Interestingly I would consider a WheelsJamaica-type site but I'd have plans for it that would take it into an extended direction. Not sure how receptive the community would be for the new direction and having a site similar to WheelsJa.

Regarding TechJa ... my ears are always open ...
    Wheels is no more, a new auto site is always welcomed... Even if Wheels was still up a new site would still be welcomed,.. once your site is unique and not a direct copy of another established site it's welcomed..

BTW.. Carib Yard still up ?
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    Wheels is no more, a new auto site is always welcomed... Even if Wheels was still up a new site would still be welcomed,.. once your site is unique and not a direct copy of another established site it's welcomed..

BTW.. Carib Yard still up ?
    OK I may consider what I have in mind and how to juggle it.

CaribYard ... define "up" Technically yes, the site is still online. Practically speaking, the site is dead from an activity perspective.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com