Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: WheelsJamaica Down

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Interestingly I would consider a WheelsJamaica-type site but I'd have plans for it that would take it into an extended direction. Not sure how receptive the community would be for the new direction and having a site similar to WheelsJa.

Regarding TechJa ... my ears are always open ...

Chris, what about an Auto section in Techjamaica? Just a thought....
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I would have agreed with this years ago, but I doubt there was (or is) that many car-guys here to warrant the Auto Section.
    For example, I'm only aware of Jomo / Supe back then.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Forums are a tough sell. Even blogs are a tough sell and I've been blogging for 19 years. Wheels has a popular brand and just because a billons people are not visiting does not mean that you cant keep a website up but you never know what the real situation behind the whole outage. You just gotta do it for the love.

There is a Ekectric Car/Tesla topic here if I remember.. das about as much as auto would go here..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

I vote that we create one, and see what happens. It won't hurt anything in the big picture if no one uses it. The users in ShopinJa may want an alternative avenue to post classifieds and possibly talk about car stuff too. Once Nick Lue or one of those folks from Skunk Nation starts endorsing or posting things in that forum...
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    I vote that we create one, and see what happens. It won't hurt anything in the big picture if no one uses it. The users in ShopinJa may want an alternative avenue to post classifieds and possibly talk about car stuff too. Once Nick Lue or one of those folks from Skunk Nation starts endorsing or posting things in that forum...
    As Owen kinda point to ... Forums/Blogs/Etc kinda is a dying internet commodity now... they still exist, but with social media it's hard for Forums/Blogs to sustain.. It has to be one with a very well know name/user-base that has been doing road for a minute,.. and even so they still have to invest heavily in social media to stay relevant..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by GPRS Internet View Post
    As Owen kinda point to ... Forums/Blogs/Etc kinda is a dying internet commodity now... they still exist, but with social media it's hard for Forums/Blogs to sustain.. It has to be one with a very well know name/user-base that has been doing road for a minute,.. and even so they still have to invest heavily in social media to stay relevant..
    Or a niche like us here. Maybe I'm just old.......which I am. But I rather a forum where I can search for and find the relevant information or ask persons for assistance.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Quote Originally Posted by khat17 View Post
    Or a niche like us here. Maybe I'm just old.......which I am. But I rather a forum where I can search for and find the relevant information or ask persons for assistance.
    Yea, I still use Forums, ones I've been on for years on end now...

But you said it, we olee lol .. new gen nu inna them things, most a them neeven know what is a forum lol

They should put it on the auction block.

The posts & threads will fetch a nice penny.

FB & IG nyam nuff man food.

Just to keep it alive - I'd purchase the domain. However, the database and such may not be available without an admin available. And I'm not sure who the host is and all that. But - we'll see. The domain expiry says....

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-04-24T19:28:15Z

So if they don't fix it by then, maybe me or someone else will take it up. The forum was a great way to get things done, but it will take time and patience to manage and get things back to the way they were.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".