Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C# Bittorrent Client Project

Default Re: C# Bittorrent Client Project

yup!! got that planed too, bitcomet and azureus use UPnP protocol to talk to networked routers asking them to foward traffic. So its a matter of reading the specs and implementing it. Its gonna take some time though.

Alright i got a project page going for this. I spent the day trying to get this up. Its powered by plone and host on my pc for now.. check it out

http://codebox.zapto.org/

Ok one thing the page doesn't have much on it yet. I'll be working to add more content about the project later. will update it when im done.

The site wasn't working properly after the first post. Its working fine now. Once Again the project page will be temporarily hosted at http://codebox.zapto.org/

So, if this project is done it C#, would it be possible to use Mono?
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

Or DOTGNU.. im doing a research on both platforms!!

Updates:

I got an unofficail name for this project. Initially i wanted to name it BitGet then BitSharp (cuz it would be programmed in C#). Those name suck.. so i came up with BitShark.

Im still working on the details on the project: I have decide to give u guys introductory C# programming tutorials so look out for that on my site..

Oh yeah the site . As you all noticed the site is Plone based, he he.. Plone is beging to steal my attention from everything else. Trust mi its a wonderful software that i want to master for no obvious reason.

not trying to be a damper. but with exeem trying to decentralize bittorrent, and the onslaught of lawsuits from babylon, how will your app adapt to the soon to be second generation bittorrent?
    starry heavens above and the moral law within
    Open source!
    dmitridawkins.com

Uhmm. Exeem is a network in itself, similar to Gnutella, Edonkey and Kaza. The difference is that it uses the bittorent protocol as its method of file transfer. When u open a torrent in exeem its searches the exeem network for a file with the same hash, then connect to peers and seeds uploading the file. Thats how they managed to eliminate the need for a centralized tracker. If your connected to the exeem network u r hit by searches for files your seeding or downloading. It is possible that this new client can connect to the exeem network where it could search for seeds and peers to downlaod from. The only problem is that the implementation of the network is closed. With the limited resources and time that i have its near impossible to do guess work on this network. Unless someone wants to volunteer to do so or wait until they open the implementation or until someone creates an opensource implmentation that can connect to the exeem network.
    Last edited by leoandru; Apr 12, 2005 at 10:09 PM.

Here is the FAQ on Exeem. the answer to the first question explains that it is a network in itself.

Exeem FAQ