Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Upcoming java Prog. by Me :)

Good going BloodLust_89

I hope the exams dem are going on very well.

I want to play some particular odd scenarios in UT. I am dreaming of creating the graphics and doing the coding. I will work out the details of of the scenarios later.

In one scenario, there is a new type of vehicle. A type of truck with an open back. Its primary function is to carry weapons/ammo/health. Each time it spawns, only at the base, it has all the stuff loaded which can be easily seen. The stage in which it will be used is a desert without any weapons locker between the bases. There are many nodes closely packed between the bases. This desert is filled with foot partrol so the truck has to spy out and avoid them with its high speed, as it leaves from the base and passes enemy nodes. The major objective may be to destroy the enemy truck.

In the other sceario, there is a modified Leviathon, and a choper that has the same functionality as the truck. The chopper can continuously drop a weapons-and-life package and it has twin miniguns on the sides. The leviathon is modified by having two platforms on each side (actually cavities) which can carry standing passengers. It also has 4 corners where weapon lockers are located. Each weapons locker can only be used once and it must be manually loaded by tossing the weapons on it.

Anyway, I am looking for more scenarios in the game, so I will keep working on it until I get a good one then I will try to code it with JavaScript. Naturally, the design of the scenario is just as big a problem as how to code it.
    Let's act on what we agree on now, and argue later on what we don't.
    Black men leave Barbeque alone if Barbeque don't trouble you

Default My Bad...

I think i owe you guys this 1
    Last edited by BloodLust_89; Sep 3, 2006 at 02:20 AM.

Question

Is it working, and what do you think? You need the JRE.

I can't find my Java VM installation file, and my JRE CD is scratched . I will just download VM. Not sure if VM can play it though, if not I download JRE.

Question

My bad.

JRE, Java Run-Time Environment, is provided by VM. My bad.

The VM that I was talking about was MS VM. And the JRE that I was talking about is Sun's VM

Well I downloaded MSVM, and I am having trouble installing it. The Virtual machine is not being installed properly. I know I should of downloaded the Sun version. MSVM has msjava.dll, jview.exe, and all the classes. But when I run jview, it says that VM is not registered.

I am manually installing every inf, but I am lost to why it won't work.

Thumbs up

The version of MS VM that I tried to install was an upgrade-only version, 5.0.3810.0 , so I installed MS VM build 5.0.3805.0 , but that did not work because that version does not have swing classes. I should have downloaded the Sun's JRE first. I looked for a download of just the swing library and found none. By that time, I had finished downloaded Sun's JRE, jre-1_5_0_02-windows-i586-p.exe , using Filemirrors.com as I planned to do. Finally, I set.

What do I think! I want to know all the tools that you used, because the application looks great. I love the display. You also did a good job with the menus. The options are cool. I love changing the look of the game. You also coded the menu flow neatly and the game itself. Everything was working as it should. The game theme is particularly interesting. The highest level that I reached was 3. You could market it if you added some more feaures to the game. I think the application was created by a good developer.

Oh, its mentioned in the source that you used IntelliJ IDEA.

Does that IDE have a visual editor for creating buttons and menus?

Take this idea if you want. Show three cup and hide something under the cups. Let the user guess it, and place a wager. That way he gets more money as he advances.

Well written program !!!!! Most programming standards followed and source is very readable and modularized.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5