Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'The Lab' hits home with Jamaican gamers

Quote Originally Posted by Lyphina View Post
    I would like to see if this show would venture out and find gaming stores...besides the usual Watts New, Royales and such. I would really like to find those hidden gems that I can get games at a reasonable price or that sells retro games.
    Are you aware of Gregory (Str8Games)'s store located in Sovereign center downstairs (where the LIME store used to be)?
    Personally, I believe there should be some light shed on this store as it should be supported by TechJamaica.
    This establishment cuts out the middleman, thus getting games cheaper for us without any ridiculous markup.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

1 year later, still can't get anyone to give me a review on how dis show going.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

In my opinion, the show is "alright", but it its usually reviewing games that I've already downloaded (through online purchase), played and completed. Hence I don't feel enthused to sit and watch someone else's reviews since I already completed the game and arrived at my own conclusion.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    In my opinion, the show is "alright", but it its usually reviewing games that I've already downloaded (through online purchase), played and completed. Hence I don't feel enthused to sit and watch someone else's reviews since I already completed the game and arrived at my own conclusion.
    So basically they are not reviewing fast enough?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Agreed. They seem to review mostly first person shooters as opposed to the racing games that I also like alot as well.
    I wouldn't mind if they reviewed current or pre-released games so that I have something to look forward to seeing.
    HTML Code:

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Agreed. They seem to review mostly first person shooters as opposed to the racing games that I also like alot as well.
    I wouldn't mind if they reviewed current or pre-released games so that I have something to look forward to seeing.
    Well that is where it is good to have a team, some people just like certain genre games and they don't enjoy or wouldn't give another genre the light of day. This is when it is good to have a reviewer who play multiple genre or just get different reviewers targeting specific genres.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

I can't afford to add the G4 TV channel to my existing cable package, hence the reason why I sometimes resort to watching what's available locally to get a feel of what's out there. But to tell the truth, I find that I spend more time playing games on my iPad than any other console (out of convenience, such as when I'm at the doctor's office or waiting at the airport).
    HTML Code:

i saw the show going on a few times...its alright, kinda boring, i think the presenters lack passion in what hes doing..hes just reading the review thats it. Interms of the games reviews not coming out soon enough,remember this is jamaica and it takes us a while to get it and review, in established gaming communities the reviews would get some games earlier to review