Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANDROID TABLETS - High End - Medium End - Low End

Default ANDROID TABLETS - High End - Medium End - Low End

Based on the some comments in other threads.... it appears yall need to read some more... thats our dam problem in jamaica.... why is every tablet compared to the ipad... the ipad is so locked down it aint funny.... not even a micro sd slot... anyway moving on... not every tablet that runs android is the same dam thing... android is the base yes but you as a manufacturer must present it's own container which is normally the crappy part of the tablet. Most of the tablet makers cant write a piece of code to save ther life... so ther tablet though good underneath ends up being crappy in the end...

Let me divide this up so it becomes less complicated... additionally you have various flavours which is associated with the version... and flavours are quite appropriate as they name em eclair and honeycomb etc.

Get some folks out my thread from early - iPad and iPad 2 are locked down tablets that for me is just a bit too expensive and in the end is just a bit better than the rest... put them side... next is HP and ther no android... no windows.... my own OS... screw you... look what happened to BETA... VHS became the natural order. So we move to androids in detail... you have expensive androids... medium end androids and low end androids.

HIGH END - Asus Transformer/Samsung Galaxy

MEDIUM END - Viewsonic G/Archos 10

LOW END - COBY (hush it is)/made in china and sells on ebay for 150 bucks or less

-------------
    HIGH-END
    -------------

The Asus transformers is remarkable... its basically a glorified notebook as it docks right into a keyboards which turns it into a full fledged notebook... thank God you can buy each part separate... it runs 3.1 (honeycomb)... PS it is better to buy the tablet first then the keyboard not the other way around.
    • 10.1" WSVGA (1280x800) IPS Capacitive LED Touchscreen; Android 3.2 Operating System

• NVIDIA Tegra 2 CPU; 1GB of DDR2 SDRAM, 1 slot, 1GB Max; 16GB Internal Flash Memory; Wireless 802.11bgn; Bluetooth 2.1

• Mini HDMI Port; Micro SD Card Slot; 1.2MP (front) and 5.0MP (rear) Webcam

• GPS; Gravity Sensor; E-Compass; Light Sensor; Gyroscope; 24.4Wh Lithium Polymer Battery (Up to 9.5 Hours Battery Life)

• 40-Pin Docking Port for Optional Keyboard (Keyboard Not included)/Docking Station (Model Name: TF101 DOCKING)

The Samsung Galaxy is what some people consider the boss tablet as plenty effort is put into it from the developers side... It is nice and clean and works... should I say like an iPad... nahh... As with all samsung products though it is glossy all over... even the price... I am sure that they did not spend so much to make it though...

• Android Honeycomb 3.1

• Dual Core Tegra 2 processor, 1GB RAM

• Wi-FiTM, 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4GHz, 5GHz

• Memory Capacity: 32GB

• Display: 10.1" WXGA (1280x800)

These high end tabs out of the box are heads and shoulders above the rest but make sure you have the money...
    Last edited by MaxFactor1; Oct 10, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
    cell: 807-4523| email: mysonchug@yahoo.com | PM Me

---------------
    MEDIUM END
    ---------------

The Viewsonic G is a very solid build but the container makes it crappy. Thanks to the guys at XDA developers... this is actually or prolly is the best tablet per price (do your reading and you will realise). I wont say much on this tablet as it is still the best kept secret.

Won't post any specs either...

The Archos 10 is nice and at one point was considering it but they took too long to ship the honeycombs and so they are dying slowly. They price will eventually fall and folks will mop em up faster than you can quint... the build of the device is solid and has a nice feel to it.

-----------
    LOW END
    -----------

Everybody else that does not have a name but really markets them as Android Tablet... most running 2.1 and has little ram like 256KB and via processors and crappy screeens and makes you think you wasted your money and gives android a bad name and make you wish you bought some KFC instead and is being sold for ridiculous amounts in Jamaica and is on ebay for 80 bucks and and and forget it... dont buy em!!!

So no love for the Xoom??
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

The Xoom is in in the high end... I only just touched on a few... and yes I love the xoom... Imagine if i was to touch the low end... i would go on and on and on...

lol tru dat, all those made in chine Kirfs
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

HP touchpad running Android? where would you put that? I'd say high end in terms of hardware, but the Android port still has a bit of issues so mid at least.

I hear that gamestop is now selling Android tablets

Great news gamestop will also be selling a bluetooth controller that work with tablets so no need to buy the OTG cable or root to get access to controllers I'm def picking one up in two weeks
    Last edited by zerodeth; Nov 2, 2011 at 09:38 AM.

I have been trying to decide on a tablet to get. Since i need one for my business its not just a personal choice, its a business one. Then I found that quickbooks has an app that works with android devices so i settled on the Xoom. I am expecting it any day now. I hope its worth it...
    There are no moral shortcuts in the game of business - or life. There are, basically three kinds of people: the unsuccessful, the temporary successful, and those who become and remain successful. The difference is character. Link me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/mackspcsales

HTC Jetstream is a nice high end tablet. The Asus transformer prime that will be announced on November 9 seem like the real boss, first quadcore processor tablet to hit the market.
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift ... that is why it is called the present

the Xoom is an awesome device I love mine dearly