Thread: LIME and their flip campaign

Default LIME and their flip campaign

I like the flip campaign that LIME has launched, don't now the specs of the notebooks they are really pushing the spread and development of ICT. I am thinking a taking out one of the plans with them, anybody have signed up for the plan so far, give some 411

i just tried going to thier site to check out more details about thier notebook , but it seems like their server is currently down .. either it crashed or thier are updating the site ( doubting it )
    Their pricing for it looks great , but their terms and conditions requires you to sign up for their internet package .. its doesn't seem to state either postpaid or prepaid .. mostly likely postpaid ..
    update : took this from Gleaner Cache post - New customers who sign up for a two-year Internet package from LIME can then buy the new ultra-thin, Wi-Fi-enabled FLIPtop. The laptop has a 160GB hard drive, 1GB Ram, a 1.3 megapixel, Skype-ready camera and comes with the Windows 7 OS.
    Update again :Lime Cache- Laptop specifications
    Operating system : Microsoft Windows 7
    Processor : Intel Atom (1.6 GHZ)
    Screen : 13.3 inches
    Weight : 1.4kg
    Memory : 1GB
    Hard drive : 160 GB
    Wireless : Yes
    USB : Yes
    Camera : 1.3 M

I say if it really requires you to gonna sign up for limes 2 year contract , and that you plan to .. then sure its great
    But if you have a isp already and just want the netbook , ill have to say it probably is better to shop around .. there are netbooks out there even around 23k if you look really hard ..
    Last edited by FossilWolf; Oct 16, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

but then they tie u into a wireles contract for 3 years, thats a bit much
    why not just buy a netbook off the shelf