Thread: World's cheapest laptop

Default World's cheapest laptop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-15180831

India has truly made a break through with this innovative product, this would be a good invest for the ICT push here in Jamaica.

Its a tablet not a laptop, hope its does not turn into a failed project-
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

they have a gprs modem built in, I wonder how soon digi or picks up a couple of these and add a few more zeros
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

i had heard about this from back in may from my instructor. at the time it was built to fascilitate students being able to afford it. it was said that the commercial one would go for about $45 but i guess they changed that now. we had done some investigation to find out if we could get a sample in but we couldn't
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

Aimed at students, the tablet supports web browsing, video conferencing and word processing, say developers.
    The device unveiled on Thursday has no hard disk, using a memory card instead, like a mobile phone, and can run on solar power, according to reports.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10740817

No mention of the OS. For that price, I doubt it's Windows.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Think it was linux based if i remember correctly.... They gonna give US market a really hit when these fit main stream. They wil now have to review pricing now that india has their own silicon valley and surely will be biting into the latop market. Actually when i heard about it at the time they weren't tablets but more like netbooks not sure if this is a separate product
    To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says: "Leave no stone unturned." Edward Bulwer Lytton

wtf :-o??????????????????????????????????????????

Need to see how it works, but for students there needs to be a keyboard and mouse. I'd not get very far doing work on a tab
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

trust me they need to come out wit this soon........as for the key board thing thats not a must people are working fine with touch screens now, but there are somepeople who are more comfy with keys boards
    but they too will adapt