Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon's new reader + tablet lineup

Default Amazon's new reader + tablet lineup

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/28/amazon...der-79-kindle/

the kindle fire looks amazing, especially for that price point..

RIP blackberry playbook, you wont be missed

lol. @ USD$200.00 for a FIRE, Apple's market share in the tablet arena is gonna be affected severely.
    I ordered my Kindle touch already!
    I can't wait!!
    My Speakers Can't Live If The SubWoofer Doesn't Breathe -Gary Lawrence
    http://www.youtube.com/GaryLawrence0
    http://www.reverbnation.com/garylawrence
    http://www.online.com.jm

Well if I don't get my $99 touchpad I may just pick up one of these Fires but the only thing I see unmentioned in the article is if it has 3G capability also.
    ShadowWolfe, signing off *salute*
    /user has permanently disconnected from the Animus.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Well if I don't get my $99 touchpad I may just pick up one of these Fires but the only thing I see unmentioned in the article is if it has 3G capability also.
    The new Fires dont have 3G as yet. Only WiFi... which is why I would not procure one. Here's my take on it.
    If you already own a Tablet then you don't need to go out and procure a Fire. Reason being the Kindle App is available on almost all platforms. So simply download the app and you can have your Kindle Books with you everywhere on all your devices. Now if you are on the market for a Tablet and you do lots of reading like myself, then the Fire is a great device to get. If you all notice the Fire is not geared for reading as the Kindle Touch or Even the original Kindles and Kindle DX. The E-ink is what makes reading so realistic and perfect for the human eye. The Fire is just a regular tablet with Kindle capabilities. So comparing it to an iPad 2 or any other high end tablet I would not procure one once I already own a good tablet. All in all though the Fire is an awesome product with a lovely price tag when you consider the all the Content that you will have access to in the Amazon Cloud. I will definitely be getting the Kindle Touch 3G. in fact I already pre-ordered mine on amazon.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Which one is that, the HP Touchpad?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Sounds like the TouchPad, that's the only tablet that reduced its original price to $99....blackberry's playbook is surely heading in the same direction as the HP....

Honestly I was looking for more from the Fire...not impressed at all...as Cultus stated above if you already have a tablet then stick with it. Personally I still wouldn't purchase this tablet if I didn't have one. I would more hunt the Galaxy or iPad 2 or just wait on the iPad 3!
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    Sounds like the TouchPad, that's the only tablet that reduced its original price to $99....blackberry's playbook is surely heading in the same direction as the HP....

Honestly I was looking for more from the Fire...not impressed at all...as Cultus stated above if you already have a tablet then stick with it. Personally I still wouldn't purchase this tablet if I didn't have one. I would more hunt the Galaxy or iPad 2 or just wait on the iPad 3!
    completely different price points..

im in love with the kindle fire..the lack of 3g doesnt bother me at all because

1. i dont see myself needing mobile data with it..

2. i can wifi tether with my android phone..so, if needs be..i have my own 3g hotspot in my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by don_corleone View Post
    completely different price points..
    That is true, price does position it differently; persons will more likely view the Fire as reader with tablet capabilities as opposed to the others (iPad, Galaxy ect.) who will invariably attempt to position themselves as a full-fledged computing device.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

$200? what's the catch?

interesting.
    Last edited by semitop; Sep 28, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Really the only "catch" the Kindle Fire is its small storage capacity and lack of expandable memory. On the other hand you get a very powerful 7 inch tablet for 200 dollars.

My main concern is 8 gigs seems a bit cramped for a device with no expandable memory, meaning you will largely be dependent on the Amazon cloud.
    Main system: Core i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB, 32gb Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970x2,
    Tablet: Surface 3
    Phone: Nexus 6