Thread: Help With Installing Drivers

Default Help With Installing Drivers

Hi all,

I have a CPU that had been recently wiped clean. I managed to install Windows XP. However, the resolution for the monitor was very low & i am unable to increase it from in the settings.

In addition, i have tried logging onto the net and was prompted to install a network card after running a diagnostic test.

I have searched google trying to get all the drivers but to be honest, i'm not entirely sure what i should be looking for. I've tried installing a .netframework service pack 2.0 but i'm not sure if i'm doing the right thing.

Could someone please guide me on what drivers &/ or softwares i will need to install to:

(a) make the screen resolution better (someone told me to install a video card, but was unsuccessful in finding one that worked)

(b) be able to connect to the net.

(c) any other important driver or software that is needed.

Please remember, the machine was wiped clean. All i've managed to install was a Windows XP i got from a friend.

Thanks in advance,
    Stanno

First up you will need your motherboard cd and or know the brand and version of your mobo so you can go to the manufacture website and download it, that will fix all your problems if you have everything on board if you have anything off board like a video and or sound card you going to need the same set of information or resources I pointed out above. 1. The driver cd that was shipped with the product and or two know the name and type of the device so that you can get what you need from the manufactures website.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Yeah Anubis basically summed it up....but if u cant find ur mainboard's model install n use CPU-Z...just click the "mainboard" tab wen u open it. you'll see the manufacture info clearly listed