Thread: Nokia E6

Default Nokia E6

I'm surprised I haven't seen you people talk about the Nokia E6 which was released during the summer. It's probably the best thing to hit the market since the Nokia E71. Have anybody tried it out yet?

seems like a nice device
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

the looks reminds me of the new bold touch ... i think the world needs some better concept artistes to make their phones unique
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

First of all this is a better option than the Bold Touch 9900 and secondly both the E6 and Bold are serious rivals. The E6 was released in June and the Bold just released this month. RIM released the Bold Touch just to compete with the E6. My friends just go to GSMArena on a regular basis and you will get all the scoop. The E6 has USB-On-the-Go meaning you can connect jump drives and view the files on the phone's screen as if it were a PC You can also connect other USB stuff, it's just for people to experiment. You can also connect bluetooth mice to it and click around like you do on a computer. The Bold Touch cannot do any of the above and there's much more the E6 can do that the Bold cannot.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e6-3717.php

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Jamaican View Post
    First of all this is a better option than the Bold Touch 9900 and secondly both the E6 and Bold are serious rivals. The E6 was released in June and the Bold just released this month. RIM released the Bold Touch just to compete with the E6. My friends just go to GSMArena on a regular basis and you will get all the scoop. The E6 has USB-On-the-Go meaning you can connect jump drives and view the files on the phone's screen as if it were a PC You can also connect other USB stuff, it's just for people to experiment. You can also connect bluetooth mice to it and click around like you do on a computer. The Bold Touch cannot do any of the above and there's much more the E6 can do that the Bold cannot.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e6-3717.php
    i wasn't complaining about specifications nor Os .. since im tired of Os flame wars which this Forums loves a lot ..
    I was merely saying the design concepts are getting too close to each other to the point that nearly all new phone designs are stale and vague .. and that they should have more unique designs to be more "special " to the users preference of style
    [Asus M3A79T Deluxe|Phenom II x4 940BE|Asus Triton 81|Corsair 750W|NZXT Sentry2|G.Skill 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 Dual Channel|Sapphire 4870 1GB GDDR5|WD Green 640GB,1TB,2TB|WD Black 320GB,640GB|Samsung P2450] Need Upgrade
    BB8220> 9700> 9800>Nokia N8(Drowned)>IPhone 4(retired)> Wtf is a Phone ?.

was eyein the E5 but the E6 looks like the smartphone i'll be havin by year end- i realise the E5 is a strip down phone too(notice how quick digi dropped the price of it)
    _ _ _ _________ _ _ _ _______ _ _ _
    *Intelligent people can take hints
    Preferred Phone OS: Android

Quote Originally Posted by FossilWolf View Post
    i wasn't complaining about specifications nor Os .. since im tired of Os flame wars which this Forums loves a lot ..
    I was merely saying the design concepts are getting too close to each other to the point that nearly all new phone designs are stale and vague .. and that they should have more unique designs to be more "special " to the users preference of style
    I agree with you. So far the best looking Qwerty design I have ever seen is the Nokia E71. I have the White Steel and believe me, it's a gem, it's like a diamond. I like the steel concept behind the Nokia E-Series. It gives a more quality feel compared to the plastic housing RIM uses for the Blackberrys. I won't even touch how durable the E-Series are compared to Blackberrys because we all know Nokia's good reputation where durability is concerned. The E6 is Nokia's newest addition to the E-Series line-up but in my view it doesn't beat the E71 design wise. It reminds me more of the E72's design. I would still like to get my hand on this phone so if anybody has any links and is able to get one let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by nevintech View Post
    was eyein the E5 but the E6 looks like the smartphone i'll be havin by year end- i realise the E5 is a strip down phone too(notice how quick digi dropped the price of it)
    It is surely a stripped down version of the E71/E72 flagships. First of all it only has a 256k display. How can I leave a E71 with a 16.7 million colour display for a 0.256 display?

I hope the providers out here stock the E6. I have asked Digicel and they said they can promise me they will do tests on it but can't say yet if they will stock. It would make sense for them to stock it though as they stocked the E71, E72 and E5.