Thread: Windows 8 Tablet VS iPad 2

Default Windows 8 Tablet VS iPad 2

Microsoft’s OS of the future will make its way to a range of devices, but all eyes are on one market in particular: tablets. Microsoft is beyond focused on proving that it can compete in the tablet space, which is currently dominated by Apple’s iPad line. WinRumors sat down with an Apple iPad 2 running the latest iOS 5 beta and a Windows 8 tablet prototype on Thursday, and spent nearly 11 minutes comparing the two slates on camera.......

http://www.bgr.com/2011/09/15/apples...-minute-video/

May i just say i think windows 8 will own the tablet space in the upcoming years if this is any indication of their conviction to tablets!!!!
    Don't let Society Dictate how u live UR life

Its URS live it how u wanna!

It's not Apple that should be worried about Windows 8, I sincerely doubt it will kill the iPad. Now what I do think is Windows 8 is a massive threat to Android tablets, or any other non-Apple tablet for that matter.
    Main system: Core i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB, 32gb Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970x2,
    Tablet: Surface 3
    Phone: Nexus 6

Windows 8 Tablet is looking good. I see a whole lot of potential in the making. If only the Tiles had a smoother finish, maybe like a little softer 3D ish effect especially on the edges.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Windows 8 Tablet is looking good. I see a whole lot of potential in the making. If only the Tiles had a smoother finish, maybe like a little softer 3D ish effect especially on the edges.
    The part in Bold....i was thinking the same thing....maybe they'll release an update or sumn that will 'fix' it

Quote Originally Posted by fishrule View Post
    It's not Apple that should be worried about Windows 8, I sincerely doubt it will kill the iPad. Now what I do think is Windows 8 is a massive threat to Android tablets, or any other non-Apple tablet for that matter.
    Really why do you say that with the exception of not being able to play mkv videos I don't see any other really limitations to android, and at least for now we don't have to run an antivirus on it
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1