Thread: A Beautiful Mind

Default A Beautiful Mind

A Beautiful Mind was a good movie...but It freaked me out then and it still does. Anyone has any views about this movie, or know how to prevent or detect schizophrenia?
    "If I aint gonna be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself" - Busta Rhymes

This movie was deep with a lot of curves and twists. It almost made us (the viewers) feel schizophrenic.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

If that got to you I hate to think what "12 Monkeys" starring Bruce Willis would do....
    Calm Like a BOMB

i don't remember 12 monkeys hower A Beautiful mind didn't 'get me' maybe i missed something but i'll try to watch it again to see, anywho good movie

Quote Originally Posted by matronyx
    If that got to you I hate to think what "12 Monkeys" starring Bruce Willis would do....
    12 monkeys was bizarre.......lol. I have the DVD for beautiful mind but never watched it...weird...will do since it has such good reviews!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Default A Beautiful Mind

Naed, A beautiful mind was an excellent movie it makes one understand the disorder schizophrenia a whole lot more these are some of the ways to detect the disorder:
    Delusions: false ideas that a person has about him or herself or surroundings (such as receiving special messages from the TV or radio, having unusual powers that no one else has, or being singled out for persecution).
    Hallucinations: sensations that are heard, seen, smelled, or felt that a person experiences while others do not (the most common hallucination is auditory-hearing voices talking negatively about the person or sometimes giving commands for dangerous behavior; however, not everyone with schizophrenia hears voices).
    Disrupted thoughts and behavior: trouble concentrating and maintaining a train of thought (conversation might not make sense-may respond to queries with a seemingly completely unrelated answer; or sentences that start with one topic and end somewhere completely different); unpredictable or erratic behavior.
    Negative symptoms: an absence of what is normally noted in the general population: lack of interest in previously enjoyable activities, not taking care of oneself, social withdrawal, and blunted affect (restricted facial expressions and emotions). As far as a prevention is concerned there isn't really any you just have to know how to live with it and control it just like in a Beautiful Mind.