Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Brad Pitt' virus targets Microsoft

Default 'Brad Pitt' virus targets Microsoft

Picked this up on cnet.com

Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and Britney Spears are the subjects of a virus scam that is attempting to recruit computers for a denial-of-service attack on Microsoft.

Hackers have released a self-spreading worm, called Ahker-F, that promises salacious movie clips of the celebrities. The e-mails contain text such as: "Watch Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt cought (sic) on TAPE! SEXY CLIP! WATCH IT!"

Attached to the e-mail is a .Zip file that contains the worm. If opened, the worm spreads to the user's e-mail contacts, disables security settings on the PC, and launches a denial-of-service attack against Microsoft's security update Web site.

More info at http://news.com.com/Brad+Pitt+virus+...l?tag=nefd.top
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Default Re: 'Brad Pitt' virus targets Microsoft

thanks for the heads up
    And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
    And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
    It hurts, but it may be the only way.
    Console Pesant on me PS4

Oh my...another virus to be on the look out for!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

yeah the virus sound hard.hmmm i had a virus once that permanently disabled my norton. So i guess i shoudn't be giving no virus any ratings
    I havn't broken any terms of agreement right ?

One more DOS virus to worry about . Does anyone know of an anti-virus or a cleaning tool for Britney? I'm worried about some friends of mine that use windows that would open an email like that without question
    私は退屈し, どの考えをも何私の署名として置くために 有しない
    Ignore whatever I post in RED

Quote Originally Posted by little warchief
    yeah the virus sound hard.hmmm i had a virus once that permanently disabled my norton. So i guess i shoudn't be giving no virus any ratings
    This happened to my pops sometime ago. The Anti-Virus program GUI was working but it wouldn't scan.

I don't think we need to tell you guys how not the get this virus... that has been stressed over and over.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

thanks 4 tha warning
    Mi sick inna mi head!!!

Attached to the e-mail is a .Zip file that contains the worm. If opened, the worm spreads to the user's e-mail contacts, disables security settings on the PC, and launches a denial-of-service attack against Microsoft's security update Web site
    ok, so are they trying to tell me that I can get a virus by opening a .zip file?
    lies, all lies.

Um....maybe the zip extension is a disguised...since MSN and google deliberately block executables in zip files so they just use it to trick them....lol....why is msn always the site for attacks??? Oh well...better one than all i say!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Tr@ce
    . Does anyone know of an anti-virus or a cleaning tool for Britney?
    Yup Justin or Federline. Will research and get back to you??

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    .....why is msn always the site for attacks??? Oh well...better one than all i say!
    I know, I know!!! Because nobody cares about UNIX/LINUX. Try to crash the big one; so the little on can move up.