Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about Custom ROMs

I'm heading back to lightning rom tonight, just waiting for a 100% batt charge.
    Will also flash ragemod kernel in and play around with the UV/OC settings.
    Calm Like a BOMB

anybody with a captivate ever use this software? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944418

been through CM7, Android Rev, and Virtuous Unity.

Settled on MIUI .. fast, stable and feature rich. The available themes that can be downloaded and applied right from the phone.. extra nice touch.

HTC Inspire 4G / MIUI as per sig.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

which "features" do MiUi have over CM7? would like a comparison because i been thinking about switching from CM7 temporarily and if u can give me some i just might switch tonight..
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    which "features" do MiUi have over CM7? would like a comparison because i been thinking about switching from CM7 temporarily and if u can give me some i just might switch tonight..
    i cant answer you directly, but MIUI is based on cm7 so im guessing MIUI has most of, or at least shares some of the core features of cm7

MIUI being an ASOP is built from source and is not based on CM7! Some people don't like it because its too much like the iPhone. But with a FTP server and a call/sms/app firewall, its much more than a pretty face.

The dialer, text messaging, settings menu, among other things have a fit and finish to them thats really good.
    Last edited by Rx; Sep 10, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

So far being a novice with android and coming from the iphone camp, am super happy with the stock rom and go launcher. I am rooted and so far have tried MIUI which took away my FM radio and then CM7 in which I couldn't get wifi, FM and Bluetooth to work. I really liked CM7 but didn't have the time to do the research involved in getting it all set up. Am using a Samsung Galaxy S2.
    Respawned: Asrock Z77 EX6_i5 2500K_XSPC Watercooled_16GB Vengence DDR3_2xCrucial M4 64gb ssd Raid0(os) 3TBs(stor)_Corsair AX860_MSI GTX 760_2x Asus 23.6" LED_Win8
    Computers-Incredibly fast accurate & stupid. Humans-Incredibly slow,inaccurate & brilliant. Together we are powerful beyond imagination

I want cm7 but there doesn't seem to be any roms other than bravox which aren't originally for the Motorola defy

question do i HAVE TO flash to stock before i load a rom?

so i've installed SERENDIPITY 6.4 and was successful......quite smooth.....havent seen any bugs just yet...but still testing it out...... glad i got my first installation of a rom out the way lol