Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets talk about Custom ROMs

Default Lets talk about Custom ROMs

those of you who are rooted, and running a custom rom, which roms are you running and why..

likes/dislikes, etc..

lets get a little discussion going on here

im gonna root soon (just waiting on a bigger memory card) and i think im jus gonna stick with either cm7 or android revolution.. the reason why im more leaning towards cm7 is that i want to see what else is there besides htc sense..now dont get me wrong, i love sense so far on my stock inspire 4g, and sense 3.0 with the android revolution rom looks amazing..but its always good to have a choice

and just to mention, i have an inspire 4g

just a question..flashing between roms, ill be able to backup and restore my data/settings right?

Bionix 1.3.1 with overstock kernel. based on Froyo unfortunately. Definitely runs faster than the stock. Also have GoLauncher on there. These are the only ones I have tried so far.

To note, I lost a lot after flashing. I had a backup with TitaniumBackup but the restore did not restore everything properly. Some restored apps were shown as not installed, some games lost progress etc. Nothing too bad though.

Another thing to install is the voodoo fix. Not sure what exactly its called but it improves speed, sound and some other things.

BTW GPS might stop working. I need to look into how to maybe fix that after rooting
    Last edited by semitop; Sep 7, 2011 at 10:10 AM.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

I have not used and custom roms yet. They always seem to lack some functionality.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

I am running CM7 v2.3.4, I prefer custom roms as they have no bloatware such as stock roms, and tend to bring updates to older phones where the manufacturer left off. So far gingerbread has given many features over Esclair that i so enjoy. No dislikes right now as all the phones functions are working corrrectly

Ive tried Lightning Rom, Sensation, CM and another one cant remember....
    I like them all. Each has its features and in the end its just like the various linux flavors out there.

I personally prefer CM7 because of the "under the bonnet" power it gives to the user.

My wife uses CM7 on her X10 mini, and we both agree that it is ALOT faster doing EVERYTHING than the stock kernel.
    Calm Like a BOMB

everyone loves CM7 mostly because like matronyx says, it takes away all the "prettieness" that bulkes up ur phone and gives u raw power + enhanced Rom, UI and kernel management options.

not to mention the built in Theme manager - tonnes of cool CM7 themes made daily so u no longer need to metamorph or flash themes like back in the day.. let me tell u - CM7 + LPP sell off

however, i been investigating this new launcher called livehome - its like a mixture between go-launcher, launcherpro and regina (WHICH IS DAMN AWESOME) it has all the widgets that laucnher pro has, the smoothness of regina and the applauncher functionality of go launcher.. plus it supports themes and icon packs from all other home launchers

its pretty decent if u ask me but i'm waiting for the script that fixes gmail scrolling and also resizable widgets before i ditch launcherpro. but i think u guys should try out livehome
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

oh yea, just to make things a bit easier, mention what phone you're using too

why should I? its in my signature :P
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    why should I? its in my signature :P
    show off..lol

ill probly drop on cm7 later..just getting used to this whole rooted thing

good.. its a proceedure everyone with an android should at least be aware of
    Facebook || Twitter