Thread: T-Mobile MY Touch 3G Internet. HELP!!!

Question T-Mobile MY Touch 3G Internet. HELP!!!

I have a T-Mobile MY Touch 3G and would like the steps and settings to get it set up on digicel data plan. I Have tried the APN settings listed in a thread on this forum but still getting an error message when I text "data" to 137 and select the link they send back. Error is web page not available and that i should check if device has signal and data connection. Dont know what I am missing.Any suggestions will be appreciated.

thank u.

Ok, first of all i hope you understand that you will be limited to EDGE/GPRS on any of the providers in Jamaica as T-Mobile phones use a different 3G band.

Now for your web page access.

1. Delete all APNS you have listed
    2. Create a new APN named "Digicel Web"
    3. Put in the settings as displayed

APN :web.digiceljamaica.com/
    PROXY: 172.016.007.012
    USER NAME : wapuser
    PASSWORD: wap03jam
    PORT NUMBER: 8080

4. Save and exit

5.Create a new APN named "Digicel MMS"

6. Filled in the fields as shown below.

APN :web.digiceljamaica.com/
    PROXY: 172.016.007.012
    USER NAME : wapuser
    PASSWORD: wap03jam
    PORT NUMBER: 8080

MMSC:mms.digicelgroup.com
    MMS Proxy: 172.016.007.012
    MMS PORT NUMBER: 8080
    APN Type: mms

7. Save and exit

8. Make sure "Digicel Web" is selected your data service should now come on

Thanks. Will try and update

King_Jay I have the settings in place but when I try to set my sim card for data by texting "Data" to 137 and selecting the link they send back i get "Web page not available" and says I should check to make sure device has a signal and data connection. The internet has worked before as I had to use someone else's digicel sim which has a data plan to log into my google account when i just got the phone as my sim did not have data. It still does not as i am unable to go to the link they sent me.Is there any other way to get my sim data enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by bamsquare View Post
    King_Jay I have the settings in place but when I try to set my sim card for data by texting "Data" to 137 and selecting the link they send back i get "Web page not available" and says I should check to make sure device has a signal and data connection. The internet has worked before as I had to use someone else's digicel sim which has a data plan to log into my google account when i just got the phone as my sim did not have data. It still does not as i am unable to go to the link they sent me.Is there any other way to get my sim data enabled?
    call customer care and ask them to activate it or go to a store