Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Reasons Why Samsung Galaxy S2 Will Overpower Apple iPhone 5

Quote Originally Posted by NOKIA 3650 View Post
    Apple would rather have its own proprietary formats for purpose of device performance, stability, and reduced loopholes. After the Jailbreakme.com PDF exploit, I'm surprised that Apple didn't ban the viewing of PDFs altogether. Even though Jailbreaking is now legal there is no way Apple will unlock thier basebands for you to root your device without issues.

P2P BT on an i-Device is an obvious NO NO. I'm sure you may have noticed how quickly Apple removed VLC from the AppStore the moment it was "discovered" that it could be used to store and play illegally obtained material.
    Thats great man, apple can keep their proprietary file extentions and yall can just use all video converters and hacks all you want.. me and the rest of the world who love watching AVI/DIVX movies and shows on a 4"+ screen, Playing Youtube videos through the browser, having the convenience of P2P Bluetooth (like most phones do) and all the other lovely features like FM Radio, PDF viewer, blackmarkets and flash without having to hack the bejezus out of the phones and risking the precious "STABILITY" and "PERFORMANCE" you strive so hard to keep with a locked device - will sit back and listen to the list of things you guys will complain about that the iphoneV is lacking and laugh.

btw - do u guys know that apple apps are more expensive than android apps? just another random fact :P
    Last edited by vylle; Sep 6, 2011 at 11:59 PM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    watching AVI/DIVX movies and shows on a 4"+ screen
    VLC allows us to do that too.
    Playing Youtube videos through the browser
    My iPad1 plays Youtube videos within the browser on the mobile site just like BlackBerries.

btw - do u guys know that apple apps are more expensive than android apps? just another random fact :P
    True, but for me, Apple gets the "best" games. You know I'm a game addict already when it comes to First Person Shooter and car racing games.
    The only one I know (recently) developing good games for the Android is Gameloft.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F
    CompTIA A+ Certified                       Laptop: Apple MacBook™ Pro
    ITIL v3  Certified                         Tablet: DELL Venue 11 Pro
                 Apple is still the best  thing since sliced bread

So my boss call me yesterday and asked me to jailbreak his iphone for him.
    He was too depressed over the weekend after getting a hands on with my GSII.
    Calm Like a BOMB

I'll admit that the SGS2 is a great device from a technical standpoint, but your boss hasn't realized the true potential of his iPhone until it's jailbroken.
    The problem with the SGS2 is that only people who can appreciate the value of the device would be those of us who are already here on TechJamaica anyway.

Have you notice the growing number of users buying BB Torches to do nothing else with it other than BBM, yet the other remaining features go to waste.
    HTML Code:
    PM or link me                              Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F

VLC allows us to do that too.

My iPad1 plays Youtube videos within the browser on the mobile site just like BlackBerries.

True, but for me, Apple gets the "best" games. You know I'm a game addict already when it comes to First Person Shooter and car racing games.
    The only one I know (recently) developing good games for the Android is Gameloft.
    We are not talking about your ipad. We are talking about stock factory devices.
    The point is your hacks and mod allows basic stuff a first gen android can do.

Best games? I have many great games on my phone. Go read up.

I'll admit that the SGS2 is a great device from a technical standpoint, but your boss hasn't realized the true potential of his iPhone until it's jailbroken.
    The problem with the SGS2 is that only people who can appreciate the value of the device would be those of us who are already here on TechJamaica anyway.

Have you notice the growing number of users buying BB Torches to do nothing else with it other than BBM, yet the other remaining features go to waste.
    What true potential? lmao!

As for in bold, just the same as iphone users buy iphones to enjoy itunes.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Vylle look at these unlocked potentials...lol!

4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

You and I know that everything in life is relative. The SGS2 may set the new benchmark from a hardware point of view, but at the end its what the customer wants and can afford to pay for that counts. Do you remember the days when BBs were the hype, yet they couldn't do anything better than a Nokia (Symbian) device or anything produced by HTC? The latest Torch 9800 is not anymore usefull to me than my BB 8700 that has never failed me yet.
    I'm an Apple fanboy, not because of the shiny new gadgets, but based on the fact that they ALL work well (for me) right out of the box without any issues (of course there is the obvious jailbreaking to do).

The SGS2 is best left to those of you who will actually use all the features for the device. Please don't be like those BlackBerry posers who have BBs but can't afford the data service. One of the bigest turn-offs for me and the Android (based device) arena is that there isn't any official carrier support for an actual data-plan and warranty repairs when something goes wrong.

Edit: Then again, I'm still trying to get over the time when the Claro customer service representative had instructed me to remove the battery from my iPhone then try re-seating the SIM card (on the same device I was calling her from) for an issue related to Claro's poor call quality.
    I have a data plan from Digi and atm I am utilizing the full potential of my phone I can use maps when I travel out of town (just for fun) stream music from google music, when Im on the road or working out (apple has yet to offer the service) , weather updates, fb, twitter, plus i can be totally productive with both my phone and tablet on the road, I went to the gym one evening and got a call that someone emailed me a a purchase order and I was able to easily send it to the office printer so that they could pick it up
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    I have many great games on my phone.
    List a few so I can do some research. As far as I'm concerned, games from Gameloft is the only good games worth playing on the Android.

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    As for in bold, just the same as iphone users buy iphones to enjoy itunes.
    You must be referring to those lucky few who got their devices for free but don't know how to use it.
    HTML Code:

List a few so I can do some research. As far as I'm concerned, games from Gameloft is the only good games worth playing on the Android.

You must be referring to those lucky few who got their devices for free but don't know how to use it.
    yea ignorance is a hell of a thing.

A few i have installed that are not gameloft. Star blitz, nova, Zenonia3, Guerrilla bob, gun bros, W. Warriors, gangsterz. All are free!

There are many many more
    Last edited by pezz; Sep 7, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Thank goodness for Gameloft as I don't consider anything you've listed as interesting other than Nova, Gun Bros, and Star Blitz.
    The problem is that I find the others that you've listed too "cartoony" for a game. The real issue is that they aren't simulation, First Person Shooter, or the racing game category, so I was hoping that you could list something in that category (such as Nova).

I've already admitted that the Android has some good games, but they just don't exist outside of (anything produced by) Gameloft.
    Last edited by NOKIA 3650; Sep 7, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
    HTML Code: