Thread: Corrupted Files On Memory Card

Default Corrupted Files On Memory Card

I have a 16MB memory card for my PS2 and over the last 2 years slowly but surely most of the saved files on it have been turned into corrupted data. It first started when I was playing Okami and noticed that one of the save files stated that it was corrupted. Though, this problem seems to occur to save files that I have stopped using for a long time such as games that I have finished for a year or more. So I am still able to play all of my current games without having to worry about losing them to this 'corruption' way until a year after I have finished them. Due to this fact I chose to ignore the problem as I was still able to play games and finish them just like there was no problem.

Now here is the reason why I chose to make this thread. My memory card's memory is almost full and I am afraid that deleting the corrupted save files may damage the memory card. Also, I did not want to google the possible solution as other people on this website may find the info on this situation useful to them. I am young, so please pardon my lack of knowledge if this seems like a simple problem.

A little problem also exists with my Test Drive game. I have played the game twice now, the 1st time I played it I achieved somewhere around a high 40+ percentage completion of the game and the 2nd time around 50+ percentage completion. Both times the save files have disappeared completely. So I guess I have 2 similar but different problems here.

Delete the currupted files. They are almost like viruses, their corruption likes to spread. Well maybe not but I notice that one corrupted file is usually followed by another, until you just clear them all or format the drive.

If you have a tool to copy the saves to your PC I'd recommend doing that. Then format the card and copy back the ones you know are good.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

@chig if i try deleting the corrupted files on the memory card are u sure that wont affect the other save files and if it is like a virus wont it just come back after it is deleted like those viruses on jumpdrives.

http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/...cardmgr_en.php

http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/P..._EF000324.aspx

Whichever you rather. DIY or buy. Take the files off your memory card. Format it or delete all data. Copy back what you need. If you want to just get a save state similar to your own for those you lost check GAMEFAQS or some other site for MAXDRIVE SAVE STATES which you can just copy back to your card.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".