Thread: Vatican: Pope in grave condition but lucid

Default Vatican: Pope in grave condition but lucid

VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II suffered heart failure and is in “very grave” condition, the Vatican said Friday.

advertisement
    Spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls choked up with tears as he told reporters about the pope’s worsening condition. He said the 84-year-old pontiff had been “informed of the gravity of his situation” and decided to remain in his apartment overlooking St. Peter’s Square, where thousands of pilgrims gathered to pray for him.

John Paul participated in Mass and received some top aides Friday morning, Navarro-Valls said.

“The pope is still lucid, fully conscious and extraordinarily serene,” Navarro-Valls said. He said the pope had unstable blood pressure and remained in “very grave” condition.

Among the top church officials who gathered at his bedside was Archbishop Paolo Sardi, the Vatican vice chamberlain who runs the Holy See between the death of a pope and the election of a new one.

Another visitor was Cardinal Edmund Szoka, the governor of Vatican City and former archbishop of Detroit, who said the pope was having trouble breathing.

“He was perfectly conscious,” Szoka told WXYZ-TV in Detroit. “He recognized me immediately, and I knelt by his bed and prayed for him. When I was leaving, I gave him a blessing and he tried to bless himself with his hand.”
    For the full story click here
    Last edited by Electrotechnic; Apr 1, 2005 at 10:51 AM.

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Default Re: Vatican: Pope in grave condition but lucid

Yup it looks like the pope time is coming..
    Vision without Mission is Daydreaming!