Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Scotia Visa Debit - Launch Date - Aug 26, 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Technoboy View Post

The USD Mastercard does purchases in the currency stated so no exchange rate variances.
    Thanks for pointing that out, but was actually referring to the exchange fee that can sometimes be incurred when purchasing internationally from various companies

Example NCIX (US site) charges in US currency but you get charge a conversion fee (as they call it) because they do their billing in Canada.

As anybody ever increase their limit on their scotia visa debit card from US $1000 to more they a telling me they cant do it in branch but a customer service rep after speaking with her manager said yes they can. Please if anyone as ever done this let me know
    IT'S YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO REMAIN STUPID
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

Well, why not ask the customer care rep the procedure since she said its possible?
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

i ask twice in branch but every time they keep pushing credit cards on me and i dont want a credit card. I want to spend in my budget, but the rep i spoke to earlier today said yes they can do it but the will have to contact the operation department for them to lift my limit but she is saying it can be done. And in branch the reps or telling me no so i want to know if anyone here have more than a $1000 dollar spending limit on their debit card and how they did it. I want ammunition for when i go back in branch lol
    You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill – you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth – nothing more.

zeen, well I have FCIB visa debit though, never took notice of any spending limit. Go have to contact my bank on that.
    PC: Windows//Laptop: Linux//Tablet: Blackberry//Smartphone: Android//MP3: Apple

if you see a nice deal oneday you will lol

3 more questions

1. if u have 5k+ in your scotia account they dont take out the $250 per month?... i have a transactional account and iono i havent used it since i opened back in march this year and i hate how they just take $ out

2. anybody know that since the ncb cards are locally issued that it means i can deposit/withdraw $ to gambling websites?...

3. if im not working can i get a credit card with ncb??... the teller ask me the other day if i wanted to take out 1 but always thought i needed to be working so i said no.... i work but not in the traditional sense you know

Quote Originally Posted by exothermic View Post
    3 more questions

1. if u have 5k+ in your scotia account they dont take out the $250 per month?... i have a transactional account and iono i havent used it since i opened back in march this year and i hate how they just take $ out

2. anybody know that since the ncb cards are locally issued that it means i can deposit/withdraw $ to gambling websites?...

You can make payments (deposits) to your credit card but doing a cash advance (withdrawing) incurs a service charge. Regarding the website you'd have to confirm if they accept Internationally issued Visa/Mastercards.

3. if im not working can i get a credit card with ncb??... the teller ask me the other day if i wanted to take out 1 but always thought i needed to be working so i said no.... i work but not in the traditional sense you know

You must be working (salaried) or self-employed with financials/account statements/auditor's confirmation (and formally registered).
    Answers noted above...for any direct questions regarding NCB Credit Cards (this goes for other curious surfers) please message me directly and let's not overdo it in this thread. I just wanted to propose an option.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

what about my ? nobody have over a $1000 limit