Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Android Plan in Jamaica?

For persons on digicel prepaid, there is actually a prepaid data plan, akin to bb service. But here's the thing, as pointed out, digicel's edge network is even way slower than LIME's edge network (speaking from personal experience), next are the rates, unlike bb service which is a set cost for unlimited net, prepaid data is in two versions: 60mb for $650 or 150mb for $1500. Evidently, its costly, although cheaper than the typical pay-as-you-go rate. Once you add sufficient credit n subscribe to the service, any further credit added to your account is unaffected until you have used up your 60/150mb of data. Oh those rates are per month btw. I have managed to use the 60mb plan on my android for a couple months fine, but mainly for messaging and for fb i tend to use 0.fb.com, because if you're not carefull your mb could be used up fast.

150mb and 60? Muss b kidding. ....Lol digicel a joke wid life

Quote Originally Posted by K-Swiss View Post
    150mb and 60? Muss b kidding. ....Lol digicel a joke wid life
    could you use more than that in a month with digicel's edge speeds?
    Last edited by chig; Aug 22, 2011 at 07:14 AM.

well i've never checked so i dopnt know....but i dunno how these things are measured and priced......

when i was on blackberry service i'd usually do mostly chatting(bbm, yahoo, msn) and browsing OCCASSIONALLY if needs be....and email of course.....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolfe Hellscream View Post
    Ah boi pezz u well and know what the man mean enuh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienware View Post
    Try not to be a smart azz u know what I mean >_> lol
    Lol sorry... Just trying to be informative
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    could you use more than that in a month with digicel's edge speeds?
    Yes you can, but once your alotted amount is done, you are billed at $0.40/mb taken from your credit.

but how much does MB does one really use ......person who does mostly chatting?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Well lojikal I guess its debatable depending on what the indvidual is trying to accomplish, I guess some who just planning to visit a site or two to check mail and so forth or for those who are predominantly shackled to FB I guess for them speed is not really an issue.
    lol well put man. got a point there
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Quote Originally Posted by K-Swiss View Post
    but how much does MB does one really use ......person who does mostly chatting?
    From personal experience, if time online is spent mainly in IM chat or fbchat (via the dedicate app) the 60mb plan is fine, you might even end up have some of the MB unused.

Idk how you guys work with digicel net, but I find that very sad for andriod users...i use gps at times plus games that download over 160mb like nfs shift after it install would be a huge problem worst digicel net so slow...having an andriod for messenger use only is under utilizing the device...i hope you guys talking about using the package only when in transit or out of wifi reach