Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"

Default HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options"

We knew HP was having trouble selling webOS devices, and as part of their quarterly fiscal announcement, they announced that they plan to discountinue operations for webOS devices, to include the TouchPad and webOS phones.

In the press release sent out this afternoon, HP confirmed that they were in discussions for an acquisition of Autonomy and announced preliminary results for Q3 2011, with revenue up to $31.2 billion in comparison to $30.7 billion this time last year.
    http://www.precentral.net/breaking-h...xplore-options
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

Terrible business move... WebOS is the best mobile OS available today Dont kill it make it open source or license it for cheap.

HP cant bother with the small mobile device industry. They sticking to the more larger devices.

Quote Originally Posted by sk@tta View Post
    HP cant bother with the small mobile device industry. They sticking to the more larger devices.
    They are also thinking of selling out some aspects of their PC industry as well ... HP is the number seller of PC's and they have the Highest Earnings,.. I think they are just too rich and want to call it quits and go run away into the sunset now lol
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

HP in a lot of trouble financially.

Walmart says they have over 200,000 unsold HP tablets that they want to return.

They had the worst one stock price drip since 1987. I think they trying to liquidate parts of their portfolio to bring more cash on the books. So they not only ditching WEBos, they ditching Tablets and smartphones.
    Free Thinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, beliefs for privileges. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastrodamus View Post
    So they not only ditching WEBos, they ditching Tablets and smartphones.
    Well essentially they use WebOS is for Tablets and smartphones,.. they just can't compete in that sector of the market..
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

Default HP drops TouchPad price to $99, suddenly everybody wants one

If you were wondering what would happen to all those TouchPads sitting in warehouses after HP decided to abandon webOS, you now have the answer. HP just announced a mouth-watering discount on the ill-fated tablet, with the base 16GB model now costing a mere $99 and the 32GB for $150.
    More:

http://blog.gsmarena.com/hp-drops-to...body-wants-one

Who gonna get one? Well they all seem to be sold at by now! Damn!
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

I don't see how anyone is surprised by this other than the three or four people that own a Touchpad tablet.
    Main system: Core i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB, 32gb Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970x2,
    Tablet: Surface 3
    Phone: Nexus 6

Question: would you buy a 16GB HP TouchPad for US$99?
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

I would definitely buy one or two, probably 3. I only i could find them for that price now.

Update

Ebay is flooded with them now. Now I know where they all went.
    Last edited by Billy The Kid; Aug 20, 2011 at 10:44 PM.
    HAF 922 CASE | ASROCK 870 EXTREME 3 | PHENOM II X4 945 | 8GIG DDR3 | HD6870