Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My HTC Inspire 4G :-)

My 1600mah batteries just arrived. Ill test it tomorrow and tell you if they're any good. The good news is i have 3 batteries, cross country trips with needing to worry.

>_> *iphone users*

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    My 1600mah batteries just arrived. Ill test it tomorrow and tell you if they're any good. The good news is i have 3 batteries, cross country trips with needing to worry.

>_> *iphone users*
    you have an inspire? do you know how much of a pain it is to take off the battery door lol ? i fully had to take a flathead screwdriver and pry mine off

i did some reading on XDA and apparently those higher capacity batteries dont really work..but like you said, you have more than one battery now so you can just do a quick switch if things get tough.

This is a CRAZY phone.

But you have to root and rom it .. its the same "ACE" device as the Desire HD, but with a different Radio.

Battery life sucks with the stock Froyo Rom.

I have a gingerbread rom on it at the moment ... battery life has improved greatly. I get > than a day and half. There is an official gingerbread update available for the phone now, so check settings --> software update.

You will WANT to root and rom your phone for one very important reason:

TO GET RID OF THE RESTRICTION AT&T PUTS ON INSTALLING NON-MARKET APPS + to get rid of the AT&T bloatware.

AT&T prevents you from installing non-market .apks, so that limits you to apps that you can find on the "Jamaican" Android Market.

p.s. : be careful with that battery door : thats where the wifi antenna is!
    Last edited by Rx; Aug 13, 2011 at 02:52 AM.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

Quote Originally Posted by Rx View Post
    AT&T prevents you from installing non-market .apks, so that limits you to apps that you can find on the "Jamaican" Android Market.

p.s. : be careful with that battery door : thats where the wifi antenna is!
    You dont need to root it to enable non market apps. Just install a launcher, then use the launcher to un-hide it.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    You dont need to root it to enable non market apps. Just install a launcher, then use the launcher to un-hide it.
    Hmmm..... ok. Never knew that.

Glad I rooted anyways, going to ditch Sense for MIUI or Cm7
    Last edited by Rx; Aug 13, 2011 at 04:20 AM.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

I have a droid as a secondary phone for a while now, and trust me, my geek days are so over, rooting and upgrade OS seemed like such a task lol ..

I get Lazy now caan bother with all that mess.
    ---
    Stay Connected,..

FaceBook | Twitter | Instagram

wow, i had no idea the battery door was where the wifi antenna is..ill be more gentle with it from now on

i think i will root the phone eventually, but im not really comfortable with the thought of doing it right now..there are still alot of 'android terminologies' that i see and dont really understand and i dont want to mess up anything..im still learning about the device.

im going to try updating to the stock gingerbread rom right now and see

edit: downloaded update..but battery too low to install it..so ill report back after everything is done.
    Last edited by don_corleone; Aug 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Posting from the phone now. Jjust did the gingerbread update. Loving the subtle changes so far. Once my battery.is fully charged ill see if there's a difference. Most people on android central says the battery life is better after the update

some more observations..the camera is very sometimeish in low lighting..

the flash, while extremely powerful, will overpower pictures if your subject is in close range..i also had some autofocus issues before, HOWEVER, it looks like the gingerbread update updated the camera app a bit..auto focus is much quicker and the camera seems much more snappy..the camera also has a new effect named 'dots'

ill take some pics in a bit

wow, the camera in this thing is beastly..i discovered a little trick that i think helps, i went into the camera setting and turned down the exposure to the lowest setting.. pictures look a little better, but i guess the real test would be tonite in low lighting..

the gingerbread update DEFINITELY worked on the camera also as pics did not look this good the day i got the phone..

this was with the depth of field effect

my dog with the sepia effect i think it was

dog again with depth of field..you can also manipulate the effects, you can change where on the picture you want the depth of field effect and how big you want it

no effects

no effects, close up of my earbuds..before the gingerbread update a picture like this would have been very grainy and blurry