Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nokia to retire its symbian OS...... good move or not?

i ditto you thy Symbian in my opinion is better than android and ios if some more development is put in to it Nokia have there work cut out just show them that you have it
    And Nokia don't make of your pure in windows nor android, only Symbian Nokia 808, what i need is to play flash video on browser and more games and apps.
    knowlegde is power
    sharing it is the key

I used to use Symbian from ever since. I still have my Nokia E63, which has my Digicel chip for calls and texting. I use Lime in my HTC Inspire specifically for the internet.

I have been an admirer of Android since I switched to Linux at the beginning of 2010. I can tell anyone that even if Nokia had been more proactive with Symbian, Android would have still out done it due to the fact that it is open source, therefore, attracting a lot more developers since the source code is readily available to anyone.

Nokia's best chance was with their open source OS that they stupidly killed off, which also used the Linux kernel just as Android. It was not a perfect OS, but it had a lot of potential. Just needed some more work. By now it would have had a large open source community around it and giving Android stiff competition. It was so promising. You could even port Linux desktop apps to use on it. they stupidly decided to run with Windows mobile instead.
    Last edited by marl30; Mar 30, 2012 at 09:05 PM.