Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MY SGSII - The real nitty gritty

*Cough* hate to burst the bubble but the HTC Desire HD/ Inspire 4g camera and camera app beats them all. That's really what I want to test on your S2. But since u don't have the touchwiz camera app anymore kinda kills the experience since cm7 app is pretty bad.

i've seen the camera and video quality of both.. and as i said - the inspire 4G DOES have a pink-red tint to everything and also all offsets dont handle white very well
    here is a test - take an inspire 4G - and take a picture of a plain piece of paper with writing on it in the light - you will see that the paper has a glow effect and the words are blurred up.. its the same with ALL HTC cameras.. lastly, in terms of quality for it - I SAW NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE between the camera on the inspire 4G and the HD2

as i said man - u need to have seen BOTH to make a propper comparison.. and i've seen both
    Last edited by vylle; Aug 7, 2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Samsung galaxy s2 is turely the best for now until tbe quad core phones come along later this year but for now sgs 2 is indeed the best of this year
    knowlegde is power
    sharing it is the key

i've just made a resolution to not buy another new phone for the next 2-3 years.. if a trade comes along.. sure, why not.. but im not gunna sell this phone.. NEVAAA!!! (im now broke -_-)

what i dont like is that (like i predicted) not much gaming going on for the phone.. gameloft hasnt released anything for the mali-400MP GPU so im wondering what can be done.. im wondering if it would be possible to trade up for a Samsung Hercules (on release)
    Last edited by vylle; Aug 15, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    i've just made a resolution to not buy another new phone for the next 2-3 years.. if a trade comes along.. sure, why not.. but im not gunna sell this phone.. NEVAAA!!! (im now broke -_-)

what i dont like is that (like i predicted) not much gaming going on for the phone.. gameloft hasnt released anything for the mali-400MP GPU so im wondering what can be done.. im wondering if it would be possible to trade up for a Samsung Hercules (on release)

Hopefully if you find someone willing to do so... but that my phone right there though...

About your resolution... man i agree with you lol that phone is badass... my idea is by a badass phone now and wait 2/3 years before upgrading.... and save myself some cash unless i can get it sold for a majority of the cost of the new phone...

Especially with this

There’s a new Android phone every two weeks now. That often spells bad news for slightly older phones as carriers and makers abandon their development. Not anymore.

Google just rolled out the founding partners of an inititive to keep hardware up-to-date for at least 18 months. That means these top five hardware makers and top five carriers won’t forget about last year’s hot device. They will eventually get the latest update although since details were a bit light at I/O, it isn’t exactly clear how this will work. The only stipulation here is that the phone’s hardware must support the Android build, which sort of means low-end Android devices will still be left to die before their high-end brethren.

Google is, however, rolling out new guidelines that dictate how long it takes a given device to receive the latest Android build. Right now it’s up to the makers and carriers, which often leave the consumers feeling frustrated and abandoned as months go by without an update. Now, under the new guidelines, there will be a set time that consumers should get the latest OS.

SOURCE

Panic in the world of the SGSII today

while playing order and chaos the whole night last night - my battery died so i left it to charge untill i woke up the next day - the phone was still off ao qhwn i tried turning it on - it booted for like 10 secons.. then turned off.. i popped out and popped back in the battery - phone turned on then turned back off.. now a little concerned.. i left the phone alone with it just plugged in.. turned on then turned back off.. it seems the phone is stuck trying to boot over and over and it wont charge.. WTF? i did a little research and it seems between the battery and the kernel - it ISNT a good idea to let ur battery drain 100% or it will have difficulty charging..

anyway after a couple reboots and a good 10 mins of panicing.. phone finally turned on and stayed on.. *phew*
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    Panic in the world of the SGSII today

while playing order and chaos the whole night last night - my battery died so i left it to charge untill i woke up the next day - the phone was still off ao qhwn i tried turning it on - it booted for like 10 secons.. then turned off.. i popped out and popped back in the battery - phone turned on then turned back off.. now a little concerned.. i left the phone alone with it just plugged in.. turned on then turned back off.. it seems the phone is stuck trying to boot over and over and it wont charge.. WTF? i did a little research and it seems between the battery and the kernel - it ISNT a good idea to let ur battery drain 100% or it will have difficulty charging..

anyway after a couple reboots and a good 10 mins of panicing.. phone finally turned on and stayed on.. *phew*
    Tip: Whenever that happens, boot the phone into recovery and let it stay there for a few minutes to build up a charge then you can reboot and boot up normally,

wouldnt boot to recovery.. it just said - battery too low to enter recovery - please charge ur phone

anyway - entered the world of panic again.. left ma charger at work so i plugged in a generic charger i borrowed from a friend and the screen was non responsive.. so i plugged it out and regained response.. plugged it in again thinking it was a fluke.. then bam. screen went again..

apparently its not good to use a generic charger on ur SGSII.. voltage problems can kill the screen X_X

anyway - decided to use ma USB cable to charge ma phone from PC and everything is cool.. but damn im getting too scared with this phone.. Samsung has an nack of making me panic with their phones
    Last edited by vylle; Aug 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM.
    Facebook || Twitter

Unfortunately, I got to use this phone today.

I say Unfortunately, because now I want one.

@#@#%@#(&#!!

edit : me done cuss. Its so light and the screen has to be seen to be appreciated. Pictures do it NO justice.
    Last edited by Rx; Aug 22, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Workstation: MacPro Server: HP Proliant ML10v2 with TrueNAS 12.0 Core

lmao - *dead

well, try and get one man.. its a really good phone - suggest everyone to at least use it once
    Facebook || Twitter