Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: MY SGSII - The real nitty gritty

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    I saw similar complaints on XDA... Apparently ChompSMS isn't working properly on the official ICS build...hmmm
    Heard it not only chomp SMS but any third party (GO SMS, Hanchent SMS)
    Digicel HSPDA+ powered Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-i9100)

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    oh my bad didnt know he reverted back to stock
    Thanks to Noreik ... I'm no longer running the Stock ROM... So I have now been officially tainted hahahaha.... Had to move away from Stock to apply CWM and get Beats Audio... Thanks for the help Noreik......I'm going to also install the same ICS ROM that Noreik is running now as well..after I confirm a few things.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

After receiving my 4th Galaxy S2 from Orange in the Dominican Republic, I can finally say I am happy with this phone and sold my Blackberry 9900. I now keep my old BB 8520 as a backup phone solely for BBM. I installed Resurrection 9.7 on the phone and am blown away by the photographic functionality provided by the new ICS camera interface. The only Achilles heel I can find with it is panorama mode, which seems to consistently produce terrible results, especially where the image stitching occurs.
    Main system: Core i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB, 32gb Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970x2,
    Tablet: Surface 3
    Phone: Nexus 6

Quote Originally Posted by fishrule View Post
    After receiving my 4th Galaxy S2 from Orange in the Dominican Republic, I can finally say I am happy with this phone and sold my Blackberry 9900. I now keep my old BB 8520 as a backup phone solely for BBM. I installed Resurrection 9.7 on the phone and am blown away by the photographic functionality provided by the new ICS camera interface. The only Achilles heel I can find with it is panorama mode, which seems to consistently produce terrible results, especially where the image stitching occurs.
    Really happy to hear this! I too went Resurrection 9.7. I was previously on 9.6 which was good but he managed to work all the ICS features within the ROM without the bloatware coming from Samsung like touchwiz and social/reading hubs to name a few.
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by noreik23 View Post
    Really happy to hear this! I too went Resurrection 9.7. I was previously on 9.6 which was good but he managed to work all the ICS features within the ROM without the bloatware coming from Samsung like touchwiz and social/reading hubs to name a few.
    Won't lie..life without Touchwiz is so much faster... The Battery life is beyond amazing...still doing my tests though...I also like the Android ICS Keyboard, it allows me to type faster than I did with SwiftKey X...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Touchwhiz is rubbish. Samsung ships pretty good hardware and then cripples it with with a terrible launcher.
    Main system: Core i7 3770k @ 4.5ghz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB, 32gb Corsair DDR3 1600 RAM, EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970x2,
    Tablet: Surface 3
    Phone: Nexus 6

so ive been trying to flash CM9 (finally) and everything goes well coming from GB but i lose my APN settings when i put them back in i can no longer access Lime's data service can anyone at all help me?

question: does the LED light turn on in video mode or is it for camera/pics mode only?

Quote Originally Posted by techmenace View Post
    question: does the LED light turn on in video mode or is it for camera/pics mode only?
    Works in video mode as well
    iPad 2 (32GB) Black iOS5
    Apple MacBook Pro Mac OS X Mountain Lion Gold Master Edition 10.8
    Sony Vaio Win 7 & Ubuntu
    Samsung I9100 Galaxy S IIHyDrOG3N-ICS 10.04 [4.0.4] Powered by LIME 3G