Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MY SGSII - The real nitty gritty

Default MY SGSII - The real nitty gritty

I bought my SGSII yesterday from HV_Thugg (thanks man.. really tricked it out since)

Hands-on

my initial feel of it is that it had a big - beautiful screen, it felt light and was insanely thin.. the battery cover felt like a little piece of plastic which gave me the impression of cheapness as well as the vibration i phone when tapping the phone - like the captivate - which made me think the phone was delicate. the phone moves very fast - no lag whatsoever with live wallpaper or with dynamic effects enabled. and note that this is all stock!! after rooting the phone and loaded up a CWM infused kernel and loaded a Cyanogenmod 7 nightly (Cant do better for now)
    The phone is relatively easier to root than its predecessor, i have less of a fear with bricking and allows for easier customization and alot of other things that would be more difficult on a i897.

Features

Camera is AMAZING!! picture quality i can say is similar to that of a 6MP digital camera (which is alot to say cuz digital cameras are MWAR better than phone cameras.) and the flash is bright and focuses on the right areas when taking pics.
    the 1GB RAM is definitely observed in its speed and the processor kicks *** when surfing the net and playing games. The phone is speedier than ever and cuts through graphical games like backstab HD like butter (which i must say is impressive) unfortunately, i am not so impressed with mali-400 MP's rendering capabilities.. i saw better rendering from the ULP Geforce GPU on the G2x.

Overall

Phone is amazing.. not sure if it is worth the price tag as yet but i must say its a definite improvement over its predecessor and deserves its ratings if not the $600+ price tag.. a definate keeper in my book.. i'm gunna keep this bad boy untill next year when the SGSIII comes out

EDIT: 02/08/2011

Loaded ma gameloft games onto the phone and bought some new games as well (Captain America, SamuraiII and Fifa10) games play smooth.. all except fast 5 (for some reason, it lags when extreme destruction scenes occur) but anyway the game is crap in comparison to asphalt 6 so i took it off :P... I notice after that 2nd hour of gameage the device gets warm.. a bit scared there.. but 1 thing i must make mention of is the loudspeaker at the back. during gameplay my finger often covers the speaker because of its position which does kinda kill the gaming experience

need to get a skin but i have to wait untill i can order one
    Last edited by vylle; Aug 2, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    I bought my SGSII yesterday from HV_Thugg (thanks man.. really tricked it out since)

Hands-on

my initial feel of it is that it had a big - beautiful screen, it felt light and was insanely thin.. the battery cover felt like a little piece of plastic which gave me the impression of cheapness as well as the vibration i phone when tapping the phone - like the captivate - which made me think the phone was delicate. the phone moves very fast - no lag whatsoever with live wallpaper or with dynamic effects enabled. and note that this is all stock!! after rooting the phone and loaded up a CWM infused kernel and loaded a Cyanogenmod 7 nightly (Cant do better for now)
    The phone is relatively easier to root than its predecessor, i have less of a fear with bricking and allows for easier customization and alot of other things that would be more difficult on a i897.

Features

Camera is AMAZING!! picture quality i can say is similar to that of a 6MP digital camera (which is alot to say cuz digital cameras are MWAR better than phone cameras.) and the flash is bright and focuses on the right areas when taking pics.
    the 1GB RAM is definitely observed in its speed and the processor kicks *** when surfing the net and playing games. The phone is speedier than ever and cuts through graphical games like backstab HD like butter (which i must say is impressive) unfortunately, i am not so impressed with mali-400 MP's rendering capabilities.. i saw better rendering from the ULP Geforce GPU on the G2x.

Overall

Phone is amazing.. not sure if it is worth the price tag as yet but i must say its a definite improvement over its predecessor and deserves its ratings if not the $600+ price tag.. a definate keeper in my book.. i'm gunna keep this bad boy untill next year when the SGSIII comes out
    Nice!!!! T-mobile is seemingly get a version tooo... as well as many other companies... http://m.samsung.com/us/register/galaxysII/

Next month i should be announcing the keeper for the year which yall know what it will be
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    Next month i should be announcing the keeper for the year which yall know what it will be
    lol the Iphone 5 lol... that device should be a beast tho if it lives up to the specs have seen around.

I hope the WHITE SGSII comes to T-Mobile!!!!
    Last edited by King_Jay16; Jul 29, 2011 at 10:48 PM.

W/e to the iphone 5.. dont really care cuz i already got best phone of the year! Anyway.. iphone 5 will most likely be a single core chipset so... boo
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by vylle View Post
    W/e to the iphone 5.. dont really care cuz i already got best phone of the year! Anyway.. iphone 5 will most likely be a single core chipset so... boo
    lol... i want the White SGSII

so where is the vids and pics meng??
    NOTEBOOK: Acer V3-771G - Core i5 3.1Ghz + Nvidia Geforce GT630M
    PMP: Cowon J3 (16GB|Jet Effect 3.0) + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 = <AUDIOGASM>
    SMARTPHONE: Samsung I9300 Galaxy S III - Rooted + UltimaROM
    DUMBPHONE: Blackberry 9000

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    lol the Iphone 5 lol... that device should be a beast tho if it lives up to the specs have seen around.

I hope the WHITE SGSII comes to T-Mobile!!!!
    No matter how much of a beast the specs are, it will still be running IOS...

Edit : that means you wont be able to put hardware to good use.
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    No matter how much of a beast the specs are, it will still be running IOS...

Edit : that means you wont be able to put hardware to good use.
    lol thats apple for you

had to take a break from the phone today - formatting ma pc and reinstalling apps and all sorts of stuff
    Facebook || Twitter