Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IT Jobs in Canada

its always the case where people who CAN leave prefer not to, those that are gone want to come back, and those that are trapped - want to leave.. what i think the reason they want to come back is because most people are so assimilated with jamaican society that being anywhere else for too long breaks them down and has them screaming to come back.. to be honest, Im born and raised here (and only traveled twice in my life) but my personality is about as Jamaican as Ras trent is (if u dont know - youtube it)..

thing is.. i highly doubt disposable income will change my perception on migrating.. see the thing is - even if i had a job in kingston paying me 200K or more a month (which wouldnt happen for me in the next 10 years if im lucky) id still see about migrating
    Last edited by vylle; Sep 14, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

I was considering this at one point in time but I really cannot be bothered (or perhaps wouldn't even be able to cope) with the cultural and environmental re-adjustment in regards to Canada I know two different individuals who are there now one from high school and one from College and they have already had slight encounters of racism I really can't be bother with things like that, I guess the only thing which my be a up is that the average Canadian is not as up front with the racism its kinda like the whole thing with the Jews they know you don't like them, they may not even like you but business is business so they will socialize and or take money from you while in the same breath can't wait until you get out of their store and lets not even get on the whole matter of the monstrous sub temperatures over there.

I agree violence is everywhere in different forms I think it was recently that the summer camp was shot up in Canada as much as we are labelled as "such a violent country" we don't have people strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up entire buildings just to kill one or two individuals are we don't have individuals walking into public areas and decides to vent frustration via an automatic weapon.
    Last edited by Anubis; Sep 14, 2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Racism is everywhere...But I wouldnt let some racist prick stop me from aquiring my dreams....Sacrifices have to be made to make it in this new world we live in....Personally i cant wait to get the hell outta Jamaica
    now uuuuu leaaarrnnnn

thank you - the way i see it.. racism is even here in jamaica but not to the same extent as what you see on TV!

now im brown and you cya tell me seh everybody who skin dark treat me d same way dem treat odda ppl.. all people look at me and swear seh im a foreigner jus cuz im brown and speak proper english.. all dis 1 time 3 years ago was in flea market inna ochie and dem gimmi tourist price a patty shop back den patty did cost roun 65 dolla and dem a charge me 80 to rahtid.. KMT..

anyway i encounter racism even on MMO's that i play where i hear lil white kids talking bout "******s" and jah know, sometimes i wah kick dem in d face.. but w/e.. mi nah suffa for their ignorance
    Facebook || Twitter

Racism is widespread but it isn't everywhere. IMHO it sometimes "exists" only in some persons minds. If you go looking for it you'll find it, even if it isn't there. I'm not speaking to any of the cases mentioned earlier, just providing advice in general.
    Team Leader
    TechJamaica.com

shane200_ Guest

All I can say is I really miss Jamaica, I am making the money yes but still wish I was back in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by shane200_ View Post
    All I can say is I really miss Jamaica, I am making the money yes but still wish I was back in Jamaica.
    What happen the weather madding you? Or you missed your friends and or family?
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Yung_Jah Guest

Most of us want to migrate, including myself. Sometimes I just feel like starting a new page. I know crime is everywhere, but you dont have to migrate to the US. Racism in the US will always continue. Just have to avoid some states where Racism take place or the areas of that state. There is always other countries you can work at.

If I am paid USD80k a year...thats good money and it can always increase depending on your experience and qualification as well as the position you start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Most of us want to migrate, including myself.
    Many, but I doubt its most (thank God).
    Roaming Donkey - Roaming Donkey: The easiest way to find somewhere to eat, play or stay in Jamaica.

isnt it funny how life is?

- people who want to go away - cant afford to go away
    - the people who dont want to go away - can afford to go away
    - the people who are away - want to come back?

the way i see it, those who can get away and are away have taken what they have for granted. being away for too long makes u forget where u came from and how hard it was for you to get to where you are now.

I remember an article i saw in the news paper some time ago about an american-born Jamaican college teacher who feels she is trapped in the US and wants to come back to Jamaica and live. she always hears how "easy going" us Jamaicans are and would love to spend her days underneath the trees and at the beach relaxing her days away. Now when i saw this, all i could think is - this person has failed to compare the standard of living for the average person in jamaica to that of the US.. because if she only knew what it was like to be trapped in Jamaica.. she'd die to gtfo back up there
    Facebook || Twitter