Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping to JA...

Default Shipping to JA...

I want to order a couple stuff from overseas but not sure how things actually work as far as clearing the goods is concerned.

So i order the goods from amazon, then ship it out here... what happens next? who do i pay? etc...

Default Re: Shipping to JA...

y do you want to go through all that trouble. Its best you use a freight company like http://ebizjamaica.com/.

Thats what i plan on doing, i sent them an email sometime now but no response as yet. I wanted to know how much i'm gonna be charged in total and some other info...

Have you tried calling them? i sent them a mail long time ago and they responded a month after. They evetually called me to ask if i was interested in using their services. As for price i can tell you that you are charged GCT (If the item attracts GCT) 2% cess + the weight of ur shipment. They have a cost/pound calculator on their site. So u could use that as an estimation. I think they charge you 5% of the total cost of your shipment if u use their credit card.

I tried calling but no answer... so will they deliver it to me or do i have to pick it up at the airport or at there office. thats what i really wanted to know...

you can choose to have it delivered to ur address or picked up at thier office. in any case they'll call you as soon as the goods reach.
    You don't have to deal with customs they handle all of that for you.
    Last edited by leoandru; Mar 30, 2005 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru
    Have you tried calling them? i sent them a mail long time ago and they responded a month after. They evetually called me to ask if i was interested in using their services. As for price i can tell you that you are charged GCT (If the item attracts GCT) 2% cess + the weight of ur shipment. They have a cost/pound calculator on their site. So u could use that as an estimation. I think they charge you 5% of the total cost of your shipment if u use their credit card.

wait..

2% GCT cess + the weight of my shipment + 5% of the total cost?

jah know....better mi stay wid MailPac

Quote Originally Posted by Krems
    wait..

2% GCT cess + the weight of my shipment + 5% of the total cost?

jah know....better mi stay wid MailPac
    the 5% is if you used their credit card to pay for the stuff ur buying. oh yeah its 5% the cost of the goods + the other charges not 5% of everything. Someone can walk into their office and shop on the internet with their credit card. If u ask me i think thats convenient. If you use ur credit card ur not charged. you jus have to pay for the shipping(wgt/cost) + gct + cess. I think mailpac is the same thing.

hold on deh....so if i use dem i don't have to pay customs at all

i'm sure you have to but he forgot to mention it, global couriers is the same thing basically, you might see their add on hypetv.