Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for advice please

Default looking for advice please

i took out a laptop from courts Jamaica.it started to malfunction within 3 weeks.i took it in to them an they told me that i have to contact hp company directly myself on Monday.i did so over the phone where a conclusion was made and that someone in Jamaica would come pick it up for repair by Thursday the latest but no one came or called.i don't know who or witch company in Jamaica will do the repair so i cant call.courts say its out of there hands and i have to be paying installment for something I'm not using.what do you think i should do?

I think you should consult the fair trading company FTC at least you should not be paying until the problem is resolved
    When I have heard all I need to make a decision,I Dont Take A Vote! I Make A Decision:
    You don't Have to be Crazy to be my friend.....But it sure helps.......

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyguy View Post
    i took out a laptop from courts Jamaica.it started to malfunction within 3 weeks.i took it in to them an they told me that i have to contact hp company directly myself on Monday.i did so over the phone where a conclusion was made and that someone in Jamaica would come pick it up for repair by Thursday the latest but no one came or called.i don't know who or witch company in Jamaica will do the repair so i cant call.courts say its out of there hands and i have to be paying installment for something I'm not using.what do you think i should do?
    What is the warranty policy from courts?
    Did you get a ticket number from HP? You should call back their support number and make a complaint. On a side note...DONT buy computers from courts.

yes i got a ticket number.

i get 3 years warranty.first year is with hp and the next 2 years is with courts
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 14, 2011 at 12:56 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

thats a bunch a crap how must you get first year from hp a the next two from them go straight to fair trading anr remember dont buy computers from courts

The best place to go is the Consumer Affairs Commission not FTC!

first of all before we all get on the bashing wagon. what was the issue you were having.......software or hardware....
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)

Agreed lojikal. And HP has partners in JA that they should send you to still. Let us hear what's up first tho.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".

Call back HP and make a follow up on the call you made sometimes things get lost in translation, usually from the item leaves the island they don't attend to it but since from your description above they are aware that you are in Jamaica and suggested/offered for someone to come and pick it up to repair then you should follow that up. You may also want to check Royal Computers since they seem to have a contract with HP now so they may be your best place to check next if all of this falls through.
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

he still has not come forth to tell us the issue he was/is having
    "Every step we can take to secure ourselves from a government that no longer respects our privacy is a patriotic act." .. (whistleblower Edward Snowden)