Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interested in switching to Android.. couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by don_corleone View Post
    i think i may go with the desire HD..after scouring the internet, including the XDA forums..it seems the only differences between the 2 is that the inspire has more onboard storage(read, STORAGE, and not RAM, the phones have the same amount of ram), and the ability to pick up 4g. less memory doesnt matter to me, because i could easily drop a memory card in it.

another reason why i may go this route is because ive seen a few desires on the local market which means i wont have to go thru the trouble of trying to find somebody to bring in the phone for me if i bought it online..

also, prople on the xda forums seem to prefer the desire over the inpire because the inspire is an ATT branded phone, and comes with bloatware and all sort of ATT stuff..

im not 100% sold yet, but im getting there..
    bloatware is minor, easily fixed with custom rom or root

Quote Originally Posted by King_Jay16 View Post
    bloatware is minor, easily fixed with custom rom or root
    i figured as much..

its rather ironic that after i made the post earlier, i went to check on a desire HD i saw for sale a few days ago and it was sold :'(

sigh..im now officially in love with the inspire..

only problem is getting it here..thers no way im going to make my courier company bring that in for me..

problem is i dont know anybody coming down in the near future which makes the iphone 3gs (the 4 is out of my price range) seeming like the "easier" option..however, knowing that the inspire basically kills the 3gs in every respect will come back to haunt me, should i go with the iphone
    Who is your courier company. Global Couriers or Mailpac? Its not like you gonna pay an arm and a leg to get it shipped by them. I certainly didnt pay that to bring in my iPhone 4. Just send them the price quote and the shipping weight to get an estimated cost for shipping it here for you

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Who is your courier company. Global Couriers or Mailpac? Its not like you gonna pay an arm and a leg to get it shipped by them. I certainly didnt pay that to bring in my iPhone 4. Just send them the price quote and the shipping weight to get an estimated cost for shipping it here for you
    quickmail

shipping wont cost anything, its duty and taxes that im worried about

for realy I just always say anything the shipping company quotes add $5000 just to be safe, cuz they themselves can only give you and estimate and not the exact cost as customs are liable to charge you anything they feel like
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by zerodeth View Post
    for realy I just always say anything the shipping company quotes add $5000 just to be safe, cuz they themselves can only give you and estimate and not the exact cost as customs are liable to charge you anything they feel like
    my dad bought an e72 a few months ago, cost him ~140USD off ebay..

quickmail charged 7k..

now can u imagine how much they would charge for a ~300USD phone? lol..

my dad bought an e72 a few months ago, cost him ~140USD off ebay..

quickmail charged 7k..

now can u imagine how much they would charge for a ~300USD phone? lol..
    hmm i never heard of quickmail before and based on this feedback I will remember to stay far from them (sounds so expensive).

I hope you checked out my new video on a rom you can put on your inspire 4g when you buy it.
    Ryzen 7 3700x * RTX 2060 * 16gb DDR4 * MSI Mortar B550 Mboard
    https://www.healthtipsja.com My Wifes Website check it out.
    https://www.wehfia.com
    https://www.minimalis.bitrix24.site

i actually use quickmail as well, not so much recently considering i bought a laptop a couple years back for 889 and spent around 200 US to have it carried through them.
    Vylle"Instability shows far more ignorance than indifference"
    PC: INTEL I7 6700K | 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | GTX 1080 | 32GB DDR4
    Phones: OPO 534-9428 (LIME) or 5925530(DIGI)
    Facebook || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wishlist View Post
    hmm i never heard of quickmail before and based on this feedback I will remember to stay far from them (sounds so expensive).

I hope you checked out my new video on a rom you can put on your inspire 4g when you buy it.

i actually feel QM is one of the most reasonable ones out of the lot..cause wen u look at it, duty+tax+freight+misc customs fees..it all worked out..

I bought an inspire recently on shopinja
    There was another one for 30k..

I almost love it!!! But the battery life is atrocious. I should write that in caps. I wish it had a front facing camera for video calls. But that's about it. Considering it has a 4.3" screen and 8mp cam I'm good. Overall its great minus the battery.. which I plan on buying another.

If and when Lime upgrades to 4g I'll let y'all know how it performs :-)

Other options for you: Nexus One, Nexus S, Captivate, Galaxy, Galaxy S2, Infuse 4g maybe