Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Half-Way-Tree Transport centre

Default Re: Half-Way-Tree Transport centre

The image is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...r/52R10001.jpg

It was an advertisement on the back of the Careers section in the Sunday Gleaner. So it won't be on any website.

The bus I was reffering to was a 46, before JUTC was about.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    The image is here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...r/52R10001.jpg

It was an advertisement on the back of the Careers section in the Sunday Gleaner. So it won't be on any website.

The bus I was reffering to was a 46, before JUTC was about.
    No man...i was alluding to the fact that you were saying even standing is comfortable and was jsut saying that they still packing up people like sardines. you need to take some of the buses that go spain or PMORE....nasty stuff and the children that bomb rush it...oh my....ooooooh my......

thanks for the link.....that station look crazy......too elaborate for HWT when Downtown is the central point already.....maybe they planning to move from down there.......they should tryresurrecting the train....dunno...just saying.

i wonder if we can take buses from HWT to MoBay now....that would be good...as long as we don't pack up like sardines as is one of the big AC buses....I would pay $400-$500 to travel on that......comfort all the way but i OJ and a muffin...so food haffi run fi that 2-3 hour trip!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Oh zeen. Haven't taken those buses go out to portmore or spanish town when school letting out.

The trains are actually being resurrected to be used for regular transportation for people. Read it in the news not too long ago. So you can look forward to that.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

yea i hear the chinese...or is it the japanese.......well one of them is going to play a leading role in resurecting trains in Ja
    *Zard imagining himself in a bullet train similar to the one in Tokyo*.....lol....it's ok guys i am awake now
    Proud Jamaican and Japan Enthusiast
    www.Jamaipanese.com
    Jamaica + Japan

That would be good man......a good public transportation can only bring good to the country. Less car imported. Less expenditure on fuel. Less expenditure on road repairs. Less traffic. less polution.....more JOBS.....hope it come through!!

19" LCD|Asus A8N SLI Deluxe|AMD X2 3800+ @ 2.5GHz Cooled by Zalman CNPS9500|4 x GSkill 1Gb DDR 400|2.25 TB Total storage|eVGA 256mb 8600GT DDR3 @ 640/1600MHz cooled by ZalmanVF700|Ultra X-Finity 600W PSU w/ 135mm fan|1 x 120mm|4 x 80mm|Altec Lansing AC56|Windows7 x64 : Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotechnic
    That would be good man......a good public transportation can only bring good to the country. Less car imported. Less expenditure on fuel. Less expenditure on road repairs. Less traffic. less polution.....more JOBS.....hope it come through!!

problem is jamaicans consume too much...so hopefully there wont be much of a stigma towards it

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel
    The trains are actually being resurrected to be used for regular transportation for people. Read it in the news not too long ago. So you can look forward to that.
    The fly in the oinment being that our Govt in their infinite wisdom let the Frenchmen from Boygues road co. slip a clause into the contract requiring compensation for loss caused by any parallel modes of transport running along their toll highway. Thus making the rail resurrection less viable.

Tell me now, the TGV trains don't put the French toll AutoRoutes out of business now do they?
    Last edited by pradere; Mar 29, 2005 at 01:25 AM.

The Belgium goverment is providing the funds

54.5 million Euro
    43.5 million Interest free!
    11 million 4% interest
    10 years to payback
    completion quarter 4, 2007